|Job Ref:||204725306||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Salisbury||Address:||Post Code:||SP2||Salary:||£60000 - £65000/annum Package/Benefits||Post Date:||26/10/2016 02:30|
Experts in Construction, my client is a top national contractor that develops some of the UK's highest value projects, working in various sectors my client employs over 3000 people to work within commercial, residential, interiors, repairs and energy build projects.|
The main role of a Commercial Lead QS is to provide commercial expertise and be responsible for the financial delivery of one or a number of projects including the management of relevant surveying staff to ensure that projects are procured and delivered within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our customers? expectations.
You will accurately value, certify and issue any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of their subcontract.
Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due
Taking full responsibility for the project's cash position. You will also complete CVC reports, ensuring they accurately reflect the current position on site and the final profit projection.
You will also play a part in managing, training and developing junior surveying staff.
You will correctly identify and prepare contractual notices for all events and administer the main contract conditions accordingly. You will also promote strong teamwork between all disciplines within the business
You will work closely with the project team and Managing Surveyor to achieve or exceed budgeted targets for your project
Extensive knowledge of relevant computer software including MS Excel, Word and Project
• A track record of successful procurement
• Re-measurement of high risk packages and key trades
• A detailed knowledge of relevant contract conditions
• A full successful track record in leading financial management and cost control on projects
• A high level of organisation and achieving deadlines
• Technical knowledge and understanding
• Appropriate CSCS card
• Valid driving licence
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing business separating themselves from the competition by joining a new regional office that will offer bags of growth and stability.
• You will be able to communicate well at all levels.
• Recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties, and redirect people's energy towards a common goal.
• Make best use of available resources and seek new sources of support when necessary.
• Prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
• Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others
• Monitor the quality of work and take appropriate corrective action where necessary
If you can demonstrate the above and looking for a new role that will test your ability get in touch to discuss today