|Job Ref:||204729662||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum Vehicle/fuel card, bonus, pension||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:08|
We have been exclusively retained, by our Leeds-based Client, to find a talented H&S Manager. Extensive and verifiable success within the construction sector combined with relevant professional qualifications are ESSENTIAL to be considered for this highly challenging role. Basic salary (£45-£50K neg/DOE) and benefits will match the important responsibilities of this position.|
Join a fast-paced, tight-knit team which requires relevant experience, energy, an excellent skill-set plus the ability to formulate, communicate and implement procedures in a way that: enhance safety, improve construction work and increase buy-in from everyone involved.
Excellent professional culture is already embedded within this family-run Principle Contractor where safety and risk-management is already a top priority. Your job, as the "H&S Supremo", will be to take it to the next level.
* Develop, implement and manage all health and safety related matters within the company.
* Further develop and systemize the health and safety management system to ensure procedures and systems are in place in compliance with current legislation and best practice.
* Develop and standardize risk assessment and method statement procedures throughout the company and provide advice and assistance when necessary to site management on adequacy of sub-contractor submitted health and safety documentation.
* Develop and implement both office and site based staff health and safety training programs.
* Produce site health and safety documentation including construction phase plans, fire risk assessments and plans for new projects, and submit F10 notifications to the HSE.
* Provide health and safety advice and assistance to the site management teams and undertake site inspections on a regular basis (at least once a month) for projects throughout the UK and provide written compliance reports for submission to the site teams and clients where applicable.
* Provide up to date information on new or revised legislation, approved codes of practice and industry guidance in the form or regular health and safety bulletins.
* Record, investigate and monitor all accidents, incidents and near misses throughout the company and follow up and report on all corrective actions.
* Provide written reports to the senior management team on health and safety statistics.
* Work with the marketing department to promote good health and safety practice on social media including the company web site in order to raise the company profile to clients and the wider community.
* Applicants would ideally have; Grad IOSH or higher. NEBOSH Dip