|Job Ref:||204729774||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum + package||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:08|
Our client are providers to the Telecommunications, Civil Engineering, Rail, Electricity, and Energy Sectors in Ireland, the UK and Internationally.|
We have been asked to supply a Programme Manager to work on a £125m, 3 year Telecommunications Framework across Scotland. The Programme Manager will report to the PMO Manager and is expected to successfully deliver Programmes in line with KPIs and LRBDs. The Programme Manager will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of targeted construction programmes to KPIs, Service Level Agreements and escalations.
Responsibilities of the Programme Manager:
- Delivery of LRBD and KPIs for work programmes and the co-ordination of resources with OTLs/FLMs, ensuring delivery to client Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements and escalations.
- Responsible for the completion and submission of key client reports whilst being the initial Point Of Contract for the Client with regards to delivery for targeted programmes.
- The maximising of productivity, whilst maintaining adherence to company procedures, including administration of all paperwork and liaison with clients.
- Provide a distinct focus on delivery of LRBD and KPIs for company and client.
- Ensure a high quality of administration duties in line with the agreed Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements.
- Prepare reports for the client in order to review current and future performance on site in relation to the agreed service level agreements.
- To promptly identify to the Contracts Managers any working constraints that could provide an obstacle to the achievement of any of objectives.
- Manage the creation and updating of workstream reports for the Contract Managers and client.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators on a weekly basis and provide a report to Contract Managers.
- To attend meetings as required.
- Ensure effective communication with staff and stakeholders ensuring this is delivered in a timely and clear fashion, with expectations clearly set and met.
- Control costs, productivity and efficiency of site and contract
- Monitor actual codes against job pack daily.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the Utilities industry with a proven experience of working within construction project life cycle.
- Proven track record of delivery to client Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Customer and Delivery focused.
- A good understanding of managing Risk, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies and Escalations with a sound understanding of project governance and control.
- Knowledge of telecommunication infrastructure build programs.
The salary, package and career development opportunities on offer are excellent. If interested in this position, e-mail your CV for the attention of James Darby