|Job Ref:||204730284||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum + Car + Package||Post Date:||26/10/2016 02:33|
Quantity Surveyor |
£45,000 to £55,000 + Car + Package.
At DQ Construction excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor has become available at a well knowing specialist sub-contractor within the facades industry.
The successful candidate will come from a Facade or specialist sub-contractor background and would be comfortable in a Project QS role either managing a large project or a number of small projects.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administer various subcontractors and sub-consultants ensuring compliance with the contract and management systems.
• Manage payments and compensation events with each subcontractor and ensure that subcontract costs are recoverable
• Liaise closely with the procurement department on commercial matters to be included in subcontracts.
• Registration, notification and evaluation of early warning procedures events.
• Preparation of monthly payment applications.
• Manage target cost changes in respect of compensation events and price adjustment provisions.
• Assist the Subcontracts Manager in commercial and financial aspects of contracts.
• Assist in the maintenance of the procurement plan and associated commercial procedures relating to subcontractors and suppliers
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
• The role will require the post holder to have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and to be able to report at management level.
• Educated to HND - HNC level or equivalent in a construction, commercial or related discipline. A low educational level combined with extensive experience in a similar role would meet this requirement
• Experience of working in an NEC, JCT and bespoke form contract environment.
• Experience working on large Civil Engineering and infrastructure projects.
• An understanding of EU and UK legislative requirements affecting procurement.
• Analytical mind and logical problem solving.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Committed to the ethos of an accountable, cost-effective, high quality, customer-driven service delivery.
• Demonstrable commercial awareness.
• Computer skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer
To apply or to find out more information about this role or any other roles within Construction, Call Stephanie at DQ Construction. (Apply online only)