|Job Ref:||204731084||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Hounslow||Address:||Salary:||£10 - £12/hour||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:10|
To carry out day to day maintenance and improvement on the fabric of the building, its services and grounds in order to ensure that the Home is maintained in a safe and efficient functional order
• Report and action any known defects to appliances, damaged furniture / equipment and any other potential hazards to the Home Manager, who will advise accordingly.
• Ensure the maintenance of the Home's exterior, including:
o Keep any sheds, outbuildings and areas in which waste is stored in a clean and tidy condition.
o Clear snow and grit the drive, paths and any areas to which Residents, Visitors or Staff Members have access.
o Where applicable, cut the grass around the building and tend to any flowerbeds, hanging baskets etc.
o Clean all signs / lighting outside the Home.
• Carry out any decoration in all areas as and when required in order to maintain standard of Home.
• Test the fire alarm system, and log results, weekly. Check call points, fire exits, door retaining devices and fire emergency lights, as specified in Company procedures.
• Ensure all ventilation units and lights are kept clean. Replace any defective light bulbs / diffusers.
• Test all portable appliances as specified in Company procedures.
• Test, and record, water temperatures as specified in Company procedures and as required for Legionella control.
• Maintain a "Maintenance Book" in which defects are recorded by Staff Members. Use this book to effect repairs/replacements daily.
• Assist/supervise with deliveries to the Home. Monitor delivered goods closely.
• Create and maintain an inventory of all furniture & fittings and equipment in the home and log in / out all incoming / disposals
• Liaise with Home Manager, or delegated Staff Member, regarding maintenance work to be carried out.
• Participate in Staff and Residents meetings as required.
Training & Development:
• Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
• Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
Health & Safety:
• Ensure that paints and varnishes are used and stored only in accordance with manufacturers' instructions.
• Ensure areas in which any painting / varnishing work is being done is well ventilated and safe for Residents, Visitors and Staff Members.
• Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Residents, colleague, self or another.
• Understand and ensure the implementation of the Home's Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
• Promote safe working practice in the Home.
• Ensure risk assessments are in place when required
• Inform the Home Manager or Person in Charge of any visit to Home by Maintenance Staff. Record the visit in appropriate file.
• Maintain / secure any vehicle in use at the Home and undertake driving duties if required.
• Cover for annual leave / absence in other Homes as and when appropriate.
• Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Home.
• Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
• Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
• Ensure the security of the Home is maintained at all times.
• Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
• Ensure all equipment used is clean and well maintained.
• Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
• Fill in a daily work sheet and have it signed off by the Manager
• Be 'on-call' for advice / action in any emergencies which may arise out of hours.
• Where a 'fault' cannot be rectified, provide details of the fault to the Home Manager / Person in Charge or the Estates Manager as soon as possible so that services are not disrupted for lengthy periods and appropriate instructions can be given regarding action to take.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• General maintenance knowledge / experience including decoration electrical, plumbing, joinery work etc
• Good communication skills
• Confident team player
• Clean driving licence
• Use of a car or similar vehicle
• Willingness to receive training on current Health & Safety / EHO issues
• Satisfactory Police Check and check against the POVA List (where applicable)
• Understanding of central heating systems, laundry equipment and hot & cold water systems
• Knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations