|Job Ref:||204730624||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Worcestershire||City:||Evesham||Address:||Salary:||£20000/annum + bonus||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:10|
Do you have a strong background within the construction sector ideally with exposure to the Concrete sector? Want to supervise a small team engaged in a variety of assembly, manufacturing and related operations, and essential for the production, storage and loading of pre-cast concrete fencing units?
The successful Supervisor will have to carry out the following duties:
* Assist the Factory Manager in the day to day running of the factory, including people management, motivation and training to create a flexible effective multi-skilled workforce across all disciplines.
* Take overall charge of the factory in the absence of the manager
* Key Holder.
* Primarily to ensure that, required quantities of raw materials are ordered and delivered, stock is stored in the correct location and manner, for continuation of production and organisation.
* Assist Factory Manager to ensure all personnel are punctual, gainfully employed and adhering to all factory rules.
* Ensure that all personnel are conforming to the required level of Health & Safety awareness and proper personal behaviour. Take an active role in the completion and development of Risk Assessments & Standard Safe Operating Procedures (SSoP). To assist when required in the training of such SSoP's.
* Observe operators at work, evaluate performance, check finished product for acceptability and undertake any action necessary to achieve improvements and requirements.
* Oversee the operation of the batching plant and observe machinery in general for faults.
* Initiate maintenance for servicing & maintenance of production machinery.
* Start earlier on agreement with works manager in cold weather to make best attempt at having mixer running for normal production time, set heaters running & keep full of fuel.
* Creating and maintaining the highest standards of 5S's housekeeping & environmental management.
* To deliver through the process of TPM plant improvements initiatives and continuous improvements.
* Report any lack of personnel, temporary or permanent and request replacements in order to maintain the required level of production.
* Organise with Management, requirements for planned production.
* Ensure that any discarded units are scrapped into skip and keep yard clean and tidy.
* May initiate purchase orders for materials, parts and equipment.
* May call upon outside companies for expert advice and help.
* Organise the delivery and collection of skips, if Yard Supervisor is on leave.
* The completion of daily recording paperwork and computer inputs for production and related items using Sage, Word and Excel.
* Any other duties delegated by management.
This role would suit anyone who has previous experience within construction industry and is comfortable working towards deadlines.
In return for your commitment, flexible attitude and experience we can offer the following;
* Temporary to perm role
* £8.45 per hour, £10.56 per hour after 40 hours worked.
* 45-hour week - 8:00am - 5:30am - Monday to Frida
* Over time available