|Job Ref:||204730619||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Norwich||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £55000/annum DOE + Package||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:10|
Our client is a dedicated property and engineering consultancy with multiple UK offices with a vacancy for a quantity surveyor within their Norwich office. This is a fantastic opportunity for a quantity surveyor with cost management experience to take on a new role within a quality-orientated consultancy, working across buildings and infrastructure projects.
The Quantity Surveyor will ensure commissions are completed to the appropriate standards, within budget and the fee provision, ensuring clients receive professional advice.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Key responsibilities include:
* Prepare feasibility studies, preliminary estimates, cost plans, databases, tender and other analysis and advise on the economics of design at the early stages of a project.
* Provide advice on the use of whole life costing techniques.
* Prepare high quality tender documentation undertaking pricing documentation during tender periods.
* Undertake preliminary analysis of tenders, prepare cost breakdowns and initial cost profile under supervision and negotiate contract sums.
* Control all post contract procedures, make valuations for payments, producing financial reports and monitoring actual and anticipated expenditure against profile.
* Assist Contract Administrators in the preparation of AI's, evaluation of claims for extensions of time.
* Assist in the project management of schemes, setting objectives, provide direction, control and advise on related matters including issuing progress reports and in post contract reviews.
* Prepare final accounts and agree with contractor, including verifying claims and dealing with audit procedures.
* Responsible for identifying new business opportunities.
* This role requires frequent travel to other offices/sites as required
* Carry out duties appropriate to the grade of the post
* Promote continuous improvement and deliver demonstrable high quality products and services which embrace quality standards.
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
* Professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Student or AssocRICS) and be working or prepared to work towards Chartered status
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a related discipline
* Holds a current site card or can attain one quickly.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
* Knowledge of latest CDM Regulations would be advantageous.
* Familiar with relevant construction, health and safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos
* Project Management experience on a range of building works of differing sizes and types
If you are interested in this role, but would like to know a little more. Call Dominic on NA