|Job Ref:||204730495||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£300 - £350/day uplifts||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:10|
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join the project team on a number of major rail projects across London. This is an excellent opportunity for any dynamic individuals with a sound knowledge of electrical and communications engineering to progress and develop within one of the leaders in railway engineering.|
Anyone applying for this role should be comfortable with decision making and have an excellent understanding of the safety, programme and quality implications of these decisions.
Applicants must be able to show most of the following skills, qualities and attributes:
QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
* Ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with all HSE legislation, and the site Health Safety and Environmental Plans.
* Manage subcontractors and suppliers to construct the works safely.
* Ensure that risk assessments and method statements are maintained.
* Make effective use of document control to manage distribution of information.
* Participates in knowledge share events.
* Familiar with the project life-cycle and able to contribute effectively at each stage.
* Develop construction methodology.
* Fully aware of the resource required to effectively complete a section of work.
* Manage site activities to ensure works remain on target.
* Effectively manages site reporting such as record sheets, site instructions etc.
* Capable of putting together cost estimates for sections of work.
* Understand the commercial implications of decisions.
* Leads in the on-site inspection process, establishes rota, and takes responsibility for critical activities.
* Carries out basic research to identify engineering systems from outside personal experience.
* Takes a holistic approach to appraising options considering project wide impacts and opportunities for improvement.
* Facilitates the introduction and exploitation of new and advancing technology.
* Delivers work beyond customer expectation.
* Evaluates success of completed work and proposes improvements.
* Challenges provided information and the principles behind it.
* Engages with consultants and manages the development of engineering solutions and designs.
* Actively improve the performance of others by providing support
* Takes the lead in all engineering matters related to their section of works.
* Encourage and motivate the site team recognising the needs of individuals.
* Actively encourage and promote a team approach to achieve the project objectives.
* Effectively negotiates with subcontractors to reach the best solution for the project.
* Takes the lead in resolving engineering and logistical problems.
* Confidently makes decisions based on engineering judgement and with knowledge of the full range of impacts.
* Understands the critical path and plans works around it.
* PTS AC/DCCR or AC/DC
* A degree or relevant qualification in Electronics/Electrical Engineering/Related Discipline
* Knowledge and experience of the UK railway sector, preferably within London.
* Experience within DOO CCTV equipment (essential).
If you feel you are the right person for this role, please click apply at the bottom of the page to progress your application. Alternatively, please call Chris or Mark directly via the Mane website to have a more detailed and confidential discussion