|Job Ref:||204730400||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Salary:||£220 - £250/day||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:10|
Our client is a top 15 main contractor in the UK, with a turnover of well over £1bn. They are currently looking for a Construction Manager to overlook works in a major shopping centre in Croydon. This role requires someone with plenty of build experience, who is technically sharp and is IT literate.|
The main purpose of the role is to lead and manage all aspects of a high value and complex construction site, where an escalator is set to be installed. You will overlook the successful completion in line with company and customer expectations; support the development of repeat business; and support the achievement of the company vision, strategy, business plan, values, and strategic measures.
The role will be working in a live environment, and will primarily involve set up for the Night Shift Manager.
Key duties include:
- Ensure our HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to throughout the site team at all times.
- Formulate monthly and weekly plans to deliver programme requirements.
- Ensure the Site Manager has planned weekly and daily activities to deliver the programme.
- Co-ordinate the activities of different sub-contractors/trades so that the entire programme is managed efficiently with regular meetings.
- Ensure snagging commences using Priority 1 or as specified by customer from initial site set-up to completion.
- Monitor the quality of work carried out ensuring high standards of quality is achieved and address any issues with the Site Manager, other company personnel and suppliers.
- Mediate and resolve problems with and between sub-contractors.
- Clarify, communicate and review customer and site targets with the team on a weekly basis.
- Manage all site team members, making all responsibilities and expectations clear and reviewing performance standards via the company performance management system. Manage performance issues in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Develop team members, sharing knowledge and experience and understanding and setting development goals for that project.
- Implement and maintain the health, safety and environmental process incorporating the pre-start meeting through to project completion.
- Ensure all programmes, plans, method statements and risk assessments are up to date, understood and adhered to by all the necessary people.
- Be aware of and ensure contract terms are understood and adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all site records are kept up to date in line with company and legislative requirements.
- Develop & maintain close relationships with customers, consultants & subcontractors to continuously improve customer experience, improve our company and obtain repeat & negotiated business. Establish customer expectations & feedback through the company pyramid process.
- Manage prelim costs within budget.
- Liaise with QS to monitor the financial status of the project, identify solutions to problems and improvements and organise activity to deliver these.
- Set, role model and ensure high standards of personal conduct on site at all times to deliver the company brand image.
- Identify potential issues which will affect successful project delivery. Escalate to Project Manager with an agreed action plan which is implemented and monitored to protect the company's position.
- Attend monthly project reviews and assist the Project Manager in completing the report. Key Relationships
- Reports to the Project Manager and works closely with the Quantity Surveyor.
- Responsible for one or more Site Managers.
- Liaises with customers, consultants, subcontractors & suppliers, local authorities, visitors, members of the public, police & industry groups; statutory bodies e.g. HSE, Planning & Building Control authorities; and other internal operational & department managers.
If you are an established Construction Manager who enjoys working on technical challenging refurbishment projects in live environments, please forward your CV for the attention of James Di Angelo at UKL Group