|Job Ref:||204729278||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:11|
Quantity Surveyor - M and E/Nuclear /Pharma/NEC|
Salary - £35,000 Plus Accommodation Allowance (None Locals)
I currently have an immediate requirement for a Quantity Surveyor. Ideally, I am looking to hear from candidates who have experience in NEC form of Contract and M and E instillations. You will be responsible for, managing your own project/projects and must be able to demonstrate experience and competence in the following areas - costing, budgeting and forecast control.
My client is one of the UK's leading providers of air movement and ventilation duck-work solutions, they are known for their delivery of projects nationally and work on projects in Nuclear and Industrial Processes, Healthcare, Retail, Commercial and leisure. They pride themselves on being a proactive solution provider working with all disciplines, from concept to completion.
Package: Competitive Salary, Car Allowance, Fuel Card, Life Assurance, 25 Days Holiday Plus Public Holidays- per rata- Training and Development, Expense Reimbursement, Pension 5%/7% - Employer Contribution and Private Healthcare!
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications / experience / aptitude:
Be able to demonstrate experience and competence in managing project budgets and monitor against cost and value
in areas such as;
- Project preliminary forecasts
- Site Installation and factory fabrication forecasts
- Sub-contract package forecasts
- Equipment Procurement forecasts
- Analysing project progress with project cost expenditure
Be capable of proactively managing change using the relevant mechanisms within the contract, such as;
- Monitoring and valuing change between the contract and latest documentation (drawings/specifications etc.)
- Identifying potential changes to the contract scope
- Programme delays/unproductivite working etc.
- Assessing sub-contract variation claims and ensuring only contractual entitlement is paid
Have experience of being an integral part of the procurement process for both sub-contract packages and equipment
procurement, carrying out functions such as;
- Producing ITT documentation for sub-contractors/vendors incorporating all required contract scope in conjunction
with the project team and other key departments such as H&S/Quality
- Carrying out comprehensive quotation analysis against project budgets and compliancy with ITT
- Attending/Chairing tender and final price negotiation meetings
- Drafting and raising sub-contract packages in conjunction with the commercial director/legal department
- Raising purchase orders incorporating all required contractual documentation
Degree in Quantity Surveying
NEC Form of Contact
M and E
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV via the 'APPLY' button in this advert. Please note that direct emails are sometimes not received due to the spam/junk e-mail filters in place. If you would like to discuss your suitability further, please do not hesitate to contact Rachel on (Apply online only).
If you are shortlisted for this vacancy, you will be contacted within 24 - 48 hours to discuss your application further. If you have not heard anything within 5 days of your application then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your CV on file and contact you regarding future vacancies.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kinetic Construction whose services are those of an Employment Agency