|Job Ref:||204728606||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Wyton||Address:||Post Code:||HU11||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum Up to £50,000 plus car & benefits||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:12|
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor|
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Up to £50,000 plus car
Our client is a leading supplier of facility services to the Ministry of Defence and they now have an immediate requirement for a Quantity Surveyor at their military site in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
The successful candidate will be providing commercial support to our client's regional and area teams including Value for Money, Risk Management, Account verifications and cost estimation.
This permanent position presents itself as an excellent opportunity to join an established and growing business. The salary is up to £50,000 plus car and benefits, some of which are detailed below. Candidates who have previously served in the Armed Forces (Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force) and those with previously experience working on a Ministry of Defence (MoD) site could be of particular interest.
- Provide cost advice and support to Additional Services teams.
- Ensure contract processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Attend Risk Meetings, review risk registers and follow risk management processes.
- Identify business priorities and to plan work effectively.
- Comply with business policy and procedures, supporting continual improvement.
- Support Service Delivery and Additional Services to incorporate sustainable solutions and support the Sustainability programme incorporating the reduction of the carbon footprint and the reduction of utility consumption across the estate.
- Explore future possibilities and opportunities for improvement, support change initiatives and identify alternative solutions.
- Support Health and Safety best practice and safety excellence.
- Liaise closely with site and area management teams.
- Ensure the Area teams are fully aware at all times of its responsibilities, obligations and limitations under the service delivery contract.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff in the preparation and presentation of works proposals, reviews and updates.
- Monitor and review Supply Chain performance.
- Manage supplier payments in line with contractual and company policy.
- Assist in the development and implementation of commercial risk management procedures.
- Attend meetings, provide reports and liaise with all stakeholders on commercial matters.
- Qualified to HND or Foundation Degree level in Quantity Surveying.
- Formal Health and Safety qualification.
- Commercial experience in construction or property maintenance.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Full driving licence.
- Experience of working within a military environment.
- Experience of working on complex multi-site operations.
- Knowledge of BS11000.
- Understanding of how to reduce utility consumption.
- Up to £50,000 annual salary.
- Company car.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company