|Job Ref:||204728243||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Guildford||Address:||Salary:||£58434 - £67199/annum||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:12|
Highways England is the new government owned company responsible for driving forward our motorways and major A roads. This includes; modernising and maintaining the highways, running the network and keeping traffic moving. Over recent years, investment in our highways has increased. This has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However, even more is yet to be done.
Certainty of funding and greater flexibility will enable us to become a better business. In our first 5 years alone, we`ll invest £11 billion in motorways and A roads - boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety. At the same time, we`ll improve how we work. That means we will be able to; plan roadworks better to minimise disruption; clear incidents more quickly; and save more than £1 billion by working more efficiently.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: (url removed)
We are currently recruiting for a Service Delivery Group Leader within our Operations Directorate based in our Guildford office.
You will be part of the division`s senior management team; leading the efficient delivery of our programmes, projects, work-streams and services to ensure that the most effective balance is maintained between future improvements and the efficient delivery of existing operations, in alignment with the strategic objectives of the business.
Finally, to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, influence across boundaries and inform policy making.
- Provide effective strategic leadership to the group in accordance with organisational values to motivate the team and manage performance.
- Develop the capability of the Operations team to apply robust programme and project management techniques.
- Identify risks to performance and delivery within the programme and work to manage them to deliver required outcomes
- Influence colleagues and senior management to overcome obstacles to delivery and work collaboratively across the Division.
- Understand the core business drivers, environment and organisation and deal with ambiguity.
- Fulfill SRO function for projects and programmes as required, providing assurance that governance requirements are met and project and programme outcomes are on track to be delivered
- Promote a safe and healthy workforce by driving improvement in health and safety performance of staff and suppliers.
- Proven senior leadership experience with evidence of effectively leading, motivating and developing teams to deliver improved performance and respond positively to change and achieve results against competing priorities;
- Evidence of effectively leading business relationships through developing a consistent culture in building constructive and beneficial long-term working relationships with suppliers, stakeholders and colleagues.
- Experience of successfully delivering programmes of projects through implementing effective programme management techniques and embedding programme management capability within the team.
- Demonstrable commercial management experience with evidence of operating as an effective client with the supply chain, able to constructively resolve commercial issues with suppliers and motivate performance improvement.
- Proven strategic thinking skills demonstrated by experience of developing realistic and balanced delivery plans to achieve challenging and complex objectives.
- A degree and professional level qualification (or equivalent experience) in a construction, commercial or project management related discipline.
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role.
Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert. Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment