|Job Ref:||204727933||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£100000/annum||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:13|
We are currently working with one of the most diverse and successful global construction organisations with an incredible portfolio of projects across construction and fit out projects. Globally, our client boasted a £3 billion turnover, and they are renowned for carrying out some of the most technical and logistically challenging projects within the Central London market. The London construction division has the experience and resources to deliver complex fit out schemes ranging from £10 - £75m, enabling them to have secured £120 million for this financial year, with the view of reaching a turnover of circa £150 million for 2017. They are currently in the process of successfully adding a multitude of exciting projects to their pre-existing and established pipeline of work, and owing to their structured growth plans they are looking to expand their commercial team and are currently looking to fill the following vacancy:|
Our client are looking for an experienced and successful Commercial Manager to lead up the Major Projects division, working on projects ranging from £10m to £75m. As Divisional Commercial Manager, you would be reporting directly into the overarching Commercial Director of the business, as well as managing a team composed of 2 stand-alone Senior Surveyors, 3 Project Surveyors and 3 Assistant Surveyors. In this capacity, you will be overseeing a multitude of major Fit-out schemes in Central London as well as adopting a work-winning focus and progressing business development. Moreover, key duties will include managing and developing commercial staffs on a variety of projects, managing major sub-contractors and ensuring projects are successfully delivered with set timescales and budget.
Duties and Requirements
• Reporting directly to the Commercial Director with responsibility for overseeing several projects.
• Recruiting a team
• Running projects as standalone Business
• Running and be responsible for more than one scheme
• Managing, leading and developing a team of Commercial and Accounting Staff to fulfil their potential and standards required
• Preparing a range of documents such as cash flow reports, KPIs and forecasts as well as producing monthly financial reports to the Leadership structure
• Conducting other tasks such as managing / pricing variations, tender analysis / negotiation and letting of contract works
• Delivered savings to the project through identification and challenge of the design
• Managing and developing Commercial Staff for each project as well as ensuring project is successfully delivered within set timescales and budget
• Preparing a range of documents such as cash flow reports and forecasts as well as delivering and producing monthly financial reports to the Directors
• Preparing tender enquiries and tender lists together with scopes of work for the procurement of the subcontract packages
• Liaising extensively with the client and making applications for payment and managing / pricing variations
• Managing major sub-contractors ensuring satisfaction of all specifications, deadlines and successful account negotiations.
• Experience delivering mixed use schemes in excess of £40m+
• Desire and ability to operate a business cluster at circa £100m PA
• Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
• Minimum 10 years' experience with top 10 contractor - preferable
• Good knowledge of forms of contract
• Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, accrual calculations and value allocation
• Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors
• Have excellent communication - both oral and written, numeric and computer skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Ability to lead / work as part of a team and used to working to own initiative
• Ability to build strong relationships with all management levels
• Strong management style
• Highly ambitious and compelled
Salary and Remuneration
After reading about the company and the role, you might ask about the salary and remuneration (and quite rightly so!). Our client are looking to pay up to £110,000 + Car Allowance + Healthcare + Pension + Bonus.
If after reading this you are interested in hearing more about the company or the role, please get in touch with Max Chantreau on (Apply online only). I would be more than happy to give you additional information. If however, you find that this is not the position for you, we have multiple other vacancies at the moment and I would be than happy to let you know about them