|Job Ref:||204727811||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:13|
Contracts Manager - Infrastructure |
Behind every great business, is a great team, and our people and our relationships with our clients are the essence of how we deliver first class, cost effective construction services for Groundworks, Infrastructure and High Rise projects across the South East. We have been established for 40 years with strong client relationships, a healthy order book and ambitious growth plans. ?This role is an opportunity to make your mark on some of our most prestigious clients, projects and site teams. The person we are looking for must be a competent, influential team player with common sense and a practical approach, coupled with a strong, proven contract/project management background within Civil Engineering and Infrastructure projects.
- Effective contract management and commercial ownership of a portfolio of projects.
- Management, coaching and developing of site staff, i.e. project managers, foreman and engineers.
- Work closely with the Commercial departments throughout the valuation process and cost to complete process ensuring the project is run to time cost and quality.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times, ensuring client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Develop, produce and adhere to health and safety documentation and project method statements.
- The effective and timely engagement of site staff to ensure that the optimum numbers of personnel are on-site when required.
- Ensure that all quality processes are adhered to on-site together with ensuring that specific paperwork is returned to the office in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage all day-to- day personnel issues regarding employment, grievances and disciplinary issues, ensuring correct procedures are adhered to.
- Effective engagement and supervision of subcontractors when required.
- Responsible for all regulatory correspondence regarding HSE and other regulatory bodies.
- Project reporting, monitoring costs and highlighting exceptions.
- Continuous input through project life cycle to ensure all projects are within cost and profitable.
- Working to programme, ensuring projected long term programme is accurate and within cost.
- Proven Contract Management experience, or multi-site project management.
- Strong, proven experience in Groundwork`s/RC frames/Civil engineering with a similar organisation.
- The ability to critically analyse and evaluate.
- Uses a range of both direct and indirect methods to constantly monitor customer satisfaction and ensure customer intelligence is up to date.
- Proven strong negotiating and relationship building skills.
- MS Word, Excel, and Outlook skills, Asta would be an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to generate own ideas and develop others ideas for continued advancement.
- Experience of maintaining appropriate records on projects using MS Excel and in-house software.
- HNC /D in Civil Engineering or equivalent would be desirable.
- Full UK Driver`s License is required.
If you feel you hold the experience required and would like more information on what we offer you in return, then please take a look at our careers site to hear what our people have to say, find out and more about us and to apply.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, it is not always possible to individually respond to each applicant. Please assume that if you have not heard from us 14 days after the closure date, that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will however, with your consent, keep your details for future opportunities that may arise within the group