|Job Ref:||204727318||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum excellent benefits||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:14|
Our Client is a Global Construction Company and they are recruiting for an Operations Manager - crane & hoist solutions|
Description of Department or Function
Supplying crane & hoist solutions to internal & external customers
Vision of Department or Function
• Be proactive and promote initiatives relating to Health & Safety, Environmental, Product Development & improved performance.
• Ensure that the customer receives a professional service.
• Ensure the correct Plant & Materials are available on time.
• Maximise recycling / green initiatives.
• Planning and managing erection and dismantle operations
• Ensuring operations are planned with safety as the main priority.
• Visiting sites and customers
• Visiting sites to report back to the pricing team so accrete quotes can be produced
• Ensuring that site schemes and requirement work, with assistance of the technical team
• Acting as Appointed Person for lifting operations
• Producing method statements and risk assessments
• Producing erection and dismantle drawing via CAD
• Handover of above to supervisor prior to operation
• Liaising with customers and identifying other opportunities for company products.
• Pricing operations and amending sales quotations
• Handing over of crane to customer following erection, including key contact lists
• Working with the administration team to ensure all records and paperwork is up to date and recorded in full
• Supporting the Health & Safety agenda across our workforce
• Working closely with the Operations team to support where required including maintenance and operator issues.
• Ensure operations are carried out in line with budget and actively seek to increase margin by improving efficiencies.
• Other ad hoc duties which may be requested by your management team
• Knowledge and understanding of the industry and business needs
• Experience of site operations
• Numerate and accurate
• Excellent communication skills
• Have good organisational skills and operate with minimal supervision.
• Good technical knowledge for the trade skills required
• CPCS Appointed person
• Good knowledge of IT including Microsoft Word, Excel and Email.
• Autodesk/CAD experience
• You will be based our offices in Cambridgeshire which is our primary operational hub
• Travelling within region and nationally as required
• Undertake ad-hoc projects as required and relative to specialist skills
• A work ethic of going the extra mile
• Full clean & current driving licence
• A flexible approach to weekend availability is required
• Dealing with out-of-hours calls will be a requirement