|Job Ref:||204727137||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£70000 - £75000/annum package||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:14|
Contracts Manager - New Build Social Housing Schemes|
Circa £70k - £75k plus package
This fantastic company, established over 40 years ago, has an excellent reputation for developing high quality new homes across exclusive areas of London. They also have a recognised name carrying out prestigious refurbishment and conversion of existing buildings.
The Contracts Manager would be expected to have responsibility for up to 3 projects, valued between £10m - £25m each within the M25. Reporting to a Construction Director & Construction Manager.
* Set a personal example to lead in accordance with the core values of the company of Safety, Quality, Integrity, Service and Value
* Comply with the Company policies, standards, systems and procedures
* Encourage and support the work of others to achieve objectives in most effective way
* To promote and maintain good and professional relations
* Promote a commitment to social, environmental and economic sustainability
* Attend any training identified in the LEAD training programme, the HS&E training matrix, your own CPD programme or other training required to fulfil your role
* Lead the project team and provide the direction and co-ordination of the company's efforts to undertake Building Contracts to the best advantage of the company.
* Acknowledge that the participation and assistance from the senior management, which may be required from time to time, does not mitigate personal responsibility or accountability.
* Audit safety and ensure the company's compliance with all current legislation and to promote safe practice on site.
* Audit on and off site quality of product and ensure compliance with the contract specification.
* Audit progress and ensure completion of all projects within the time constraints determined by the building contract.
* Audit the site administration and ensure compliance with the company's definition of responsibilities for site management and supervisory staff.
* Audit information flow and ensure our performance under the building contract.
* Audit buildability and ensure that the company's reputation for problem solving is furthered at all times.
* Audit the commercial return from each project and ensure that the predetermined project budgets are achieved.
* Audit all project reports and ensure that the accuracy of reporting demanded by the company's standard procedures is achieved.
* Be the catalyst of the company team in the challenge of working cohesively and positively towards its objectives.
* Ensure that the subcontract market-place is continually researched to identify organisations with whom the company is prepared to do business.
* Promote and maintain good and professional relations with the client, consultants, adjoining owners, residents, subcontractors and representatives from statutory authorities.
* Prepare a master construction programme for each project in compliance with the timescale demanded by the building contract.
* Monitor and accurately report progress in-house and under the requirements of the building contract.
* Ensure by assisting the site supervisory staff that weekly and short term programmes are prepared in strict compliance with company procedures.
* Provide regularly and diligently in specific detail the information required by and from the Contract Administrator under the building contract.
* Formulate with the assistance of the management team a suitable response where the Contract Administrator is failing to meet with the requirements of the building contract.
* Regularly review subcontractors' progress and identify appropriate action as ensure that they are fully complying with predetermined programme targets.
* Ensure that the company procedures for the appointment of sub-contractors are properly implemented and that the discipline of the sub-contractor interview format is adhered to.
* Review the suitability of all materials specified and to liaise with the purchasing department and or suppliers to ensure procurement times fall within the constraints of the contract programme and that inappropriate material specifications are brought to the attention of the client's consultant team.
* Research alternative material specifications that may contribute to the reduction of the nett cost of the project.
* Investigate the project design and to seek improvements in buildability and to identify areas of cost reduction.
* Prepare and or cause to have prepared method statements for all sections or part of the works for scrutiny and comment by the Planning Supervisor.
* Prepare and or cause to have prepared a construction phase safety plan for the project and to have same passed to the Planning Supervisor as ensure compliance with the company's procedures under the CDM regulations.
* Serve by rotation on the company's Safety Committee and to liaise at all other times directly with the company's Safety Consultants.
* Ensure by constant review that the lowest nett cost of carrying out the works commensurate with specified quality and programme time is achieved.
* Maintain the reputation of the company for good quality of finish, positive action and achievement of predetermined targets.
* Maintain or cause to have maintained the image that the company desires to project all as set down in the company's procedures for site presentation
* Manage and direct the activities of all subordinate staff and ensure compliance with the company's responsibilities under the building contract.
* Positively liaise and communicate with estimating, surveying, purchasing, design, resident liaison and accounts staff allocated to the project by the company to ensure their positive contribution to the project.
* Give feedback to estimating and planning staff to provide useful data for their future activities.
* Complete and distribute those reports identified in the company's standard procedures.
* Obtain the Certificates of Practical Completion and Completion of Making Good Defects in the most effective manner.
* Issue in writing all notices as may be required by the Building Contract or sub-contract agreements.
* Similarly demanding as the Directors of the company in the quest for improvement in the company's overall performance and standing with clients and consultants.
* Identify and take advantage of all opportunities to promote the activities of the company and to participate in the challenge of seeking new business opportunities.
* Promote the Equal Opportunities Policy of the Company.
* Promote the Environmental Policy of the Company.
If you want to apply for this Contracts Manager Position, please email your updated CV or call me on NA