|Job Ref:||204726932||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North London||Address:||Post Code:||N1||Salary:||£75000 - £85000/annum package||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:15|
Senior Project Manager | New build mid-rise residential apartments|
£75k - £85k + package
North London / London
This fantastic company, established over 40 years ago, has an excellent reputation for developing high quality new homes across exclusive areas of London. They also have a recognised name carrying out prestigious refurbishment and conversion of existing buildings.
The company has an immediate requirement on a £28m new build regeneration project in North London. This project is a highly complicated extension to an existing phase of new build apartments.
2 year duration. Reporting to a Construction Manager & Construction Director.
* Set a personal example to lead in accordance with the core values of the company of Safety, Quality, Integrity, Service and Value
* Comply with the Company policies, standards, systems and procedures
* Encourage and support the work of others to achieve objectives in most effective way
* Promote and maintain good and professional relations
* Promote a commitment to social, environmental and economic sustainability
* Attend any training identified in the LEAD training programme, the HS&E training matrix, your own CPD programme or other training required to fulfil your role
* Maintain good relationships with Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Clients, Sub-contractors and other professional members of the team outside the company and within our own company. Maintain good relationships with adjoining owners.
* Maintain the reputation of the company for good quality of finish, positive action and achieving set objectives.
* Ensure safe working practice at all times and compliance with all current legislation.
* Ensure the most effective use of the resources at our disposal, including labour, plant, sub-contractors and materials.
* Progress the works and ensure compliance with the timescale demanded by the building contract.
* Ensure the lowest possible net cost of carrying out the work commensurate with programme time.
* Audit safety and ensure the company's compliance with all current legislation and to promote safe on-site practice.
* Work with the Contracts Manager, Buyer, Technical Manager and Surveyor to engender a team approach to the challenge of each project.
* Assist the Contracts Manager in the preparation of a construction phase safety plan.
* Assist the Contracts Manager in the preparation of method statements for all sections of the works.
* Positively liaise with and take advice from the Group Safety Consultant in improving on-site safety.
* Assist the Contracts Manager and Technical Manager in investigating the design and specification for the project, to seek improvements in Buildability and to identify areas of cost reduction.
* Assist in the preparation of the Master Construction Programme in compliance with the timescale demanded by the building contract.
* Prepare Short Term Programmes throughout the duration of the project and agree same with the Contracts Manager responsible for the project.
* Prepare on a weekly basis a pre-plan of the future weeks activities and agree same with the Contracts Manager responsible for the project.
* Liaise with and communicate with on an ongoing basis all sub-contractors and suppliers engaged on the project, setting out clearly in writing all critical programme criteria.
* Meet and agree in good time all facets of each sub-contractor and where required supplier criteria in terms of attendance off-loading, plant, etc. and for same to be confirmed in writing.
* Issue such non-attendance / site cleaning notices to sub-contractors as may arise during the progress of the works on site.
* Issue Site Instructions to sub-contractors as may be required.
* Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors to review progress and identify appropriate action as necessary to ensure that they are fully complying with predetermined programme targets and achieving the highest possible standard of workmanship.
* Liaise with and communicate with the Project Buyer(s) to ensure the advanced and accurate requisitioning of materials and plant to allow cost effective purchasing.
* Maintain good on-site discipline and fully implement the company procedures in respect of site presentation in all its facets.
* Complete all forms and reports set out in the company procedures, communicating directly with contracts management, surveying and purchasing colleagues as demanded by the circumstances.
* Positively liaise with the Technical Manager, Architect and other Consultants to ensure practical and pragmatic co-operation in the design and build process.
* Research the design and advise in advance of its being required of any information, detail, or clarification required under the terms of the building contract.
* Positively advise the consultant team of factors affecting progress and or cost on a current and ongoing basis.
* Liaise with the Contracts Manager and Surveyor as achieve the lowest net cost of on-site production and to assist the Surveyor and Contracts Manager in the preparation of a detailed accurate budget and preliminaries schedule against which the financial performance of the project can be monitored.
* Manage waste and contribute positively to achieving the lowest net cost of on-site production.
* Ensure that all elements, subject to possible damage from following trades are adequately protected at all times and that following trades can out their obligations successfully.
* To audit continuously the standard of workmanship being achieved by operatives and sub-contractors as ensure that the company's reputation is protected at all times.
* A snagging format is included in the company's procedures which must be administered with discipline. It is a requirement of the company that the convenience of a snagging list is not appended to the Practical Completion Certificate. The project must be completed in its entirety.
* Be similarly demanding as the executives of the company in the quest for improvement in the company's overall performance and standing with clients and consultants.
* Identify and take advantage of all opportunities to promote the activities of the company and to participate in the challenge of seeking new business opportunities.
* Complete the Operations and Maintenance Manual and issue to the Contracts Manager just prior to the completion of the Project.
* Co-ordinate and liaise with the Sales Manager to ensure customer satisfaction is delivered.
* Liaise and assist the Marketing Manager in promoting the positive aspects of the development.
If you want to apply for this Senior Project Manager Position, please email your updated CV or call me on NA