|Job Ref:||204726506||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Batley||Address:||Post Code:||WF17||Salary:||£21.00 - £23.50/hour Van & travel expenses provided by emp||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:15|
Freelance Contracts Manager - Fitout|
Our client is a successful Shopfitting & Interiors Contractor based in West Yorkshire. Due to continued expansion we are actively recruiting for a freelance Contracts Manager to join the company. This is a rolling contract and will be operating throughout the United Kingdom overseeing numerous live projects.
The projects are primarily small, fast track retail fit out projects although the company also occasionally work on some pub and restaurant projects.
* Responsibility for the quality delivery of the project, ensuring it meets the client's expectations of quality, service, cost and programme. This will involve working closely with the surveying team.
* Responsibility for programme management, and coordination with internal departments, external suppliers and labour only subcontractors.
* Provision of control and support on site to our subcontract labour including full Health & Safety compliance.
* Working as part of a larger proactive management team to enhance the company's reputation.
* Working with the Q.S. to ensure the timely submission of valuations and compliance with contractual procedures, including the identification and pricing of variations.
* Provision of progress reports and updates to clients and the Managing Director/Contracts Director.
The successful individual will have experience of the following:
* Ideally we are looking for an ex joiner who has made the step up into management.
* Leading and supporting multiple teams of site staff to deliver the projects on time and within budget.
* Overall responsibility for the day to day management of all project activities.
* Prepare, manage and update the programme at regular intervals.
* Reporting to the Directors and Client where necessary.
* Liaise as necessary with other organisations and relevant authorities.
* Manage change within the project scope whilst ensuring project delivery to client satisfaction.
* Self-motivated and willing to work antisocial hours when necessary.
* Be a good communicator with competent IT skills.
* Sub-contracting background preferable.
* Must be willing to travel nationwide to our various projects.
* Excellent communication skills will be essential as you will be liaising with Clients, Consultants, sub-contractors and senior management.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual who is willing to be flexible, hands on and get stuck in on site if required due to the nature of the company. For the right individual there will be the opportunity of progression through to a senior role within the business.
If you have experience in a similar role or are looking to make the next step up in your career then please forward your CV for consideration.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Approach Personnel only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
My contact details are as followed on (Apply online only) or contact via E-mail on