Job Title: Warehouse / Logistics Planner|
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience, plus excellent bonus
Location: Cheshire, Runcorn, Ellesmere Port, Mold, Wrexham, Chester
A leading manufacturer is looking for a Logistics / Transport Planner to organise the relevant areas for planned production in order to meet customer requirements. The time phasing of the supply is critical and needs to be co-ordinated with other resources being in place. There is also a key role in terms of intake, process and pack customer orders. You will also be part of a team responsible for supply and production control, as part of a team delivering overall planning duties.
Key Responsibilities include:
Key Skills, Experience and Qualities Required:
- Receive, review and process customer / haulier intake forecasts.
- Review the production plan and liaise with hauliers.
- Ensure deliveries are co-ordinated with Process team and relevant system requirements are accurately raised, in order to ensure a smooth intake operation and required availability for lines to operate is achieved.
- Raise the relevant packing and production orders to ensure supply to the production lines.
- Check and confirm required products are on site in time to meet planned production.
- When works orders are released highlight supply issues and ensure packaging transitions are communicated.
- Expedite supply issues and highlight such issues for wider understanding / review.
- Monitor and highlight haulier on-costs, such as demurrage, minimising as far as possible.
- Answer queries raised by site, customers and hauliers. Liaise as required.
- Act as central point of cross functional communication.
- Engage in continual improvement activity.
- Work as part of the planning team and support colleagues as required.
- Ensure system requirements are accurate and available in a timely manner.
- Ensure works orders are accurate, processed in a timely manner and documentation is completed, circulated and filed.
- Ensure production is not halted by non-availability of materials.
- Produce daily/ weekly /monthly reports in line with objectives.
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
- Good standard of education to confirm language and numeracy skills.
- Experience working in a Planning role within FMCG / production environment.
- Supply experience
- Good analytical skills
- Logical and numerate.
- Good IT skills (As400 type system/ MS Excel)
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills.
To apply, please send your CV or call Martin on NA for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 5 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.