|Job Ref:||2016-178626||Employer:||Keane Group||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 21:01|
Overview: At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company's growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.|
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks an experienced "Production Support SQL Server DBA" to join our team in "King of Prussia, PA".
Position Functions or Responsibilities: Major responsibilities include overall production support of various client and business related databases. In addition, the consultant may have prime responsibility for the operation and management of the servers. These activities will be related to, but not limited to the following areas:
• Supports all database administration areas and applies advanced knowledge of at least one area.
• Evaluates and recommends the purchase and utilization of technologies such servers, extract and conditioning tools, metadata management, security tools and archival and recovery tools and data access.
• Diagnoses, resolves and implements preventive measures to prevent problems for applications and system software.
• Designs data storage and management processes for specific data warehouse projects.
• Recommends and oversees implementation of system level configuration modifications to optimize performance.
• Ensures maintenance of physical integrity of all production databases
• Manages large, complex projects that arelonger-term in nature or projects that have been identified as a critical priority for the user community.
• Sets quality standards relative to all aspects of database management.
• Recognized as role model/mentor in database and business user community.
• Identifies opportunities in database arena to address future business challenges or identify process improvements.
• Provides database development/ project support in compliance with database design standards.
• Designs and develops database systems to meet application and business requirements across multiple platforms and computing environments.
• Provides guidance on best practices and standards and supports the project teams with database related activities throughout the software development lifecycle.
Typical Years of Experience
• Typically requires 3-5 years relevant database experience.
Minimum Education and Certifications
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of database principles and practices.
• Broad knowledge of database definition, design, and configuration.
• Knowledge derived from experiences with more complex database systems.
• Competent to work in all phases of client server relational database management.
• Exceptional oral, written and customer service skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions
• Ability to physically perform general office requirements.
• Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit NA to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Options: Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed