BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THIS ROLE
- Drive definition of standard for effective architecture, implementation, continuous improvement and support of collaboration solutions as per current and future business needs
- Drive formulation and improvement of guiding principles, relationships and procedures for execution as per project requirements and best industry practices
- Understands priorities and business impacts and translates these to requirements to Collaboration solutions
Governance and Risk Management
- Monitor any deviation from established standards, timelines and requirements and ensure development as per required blueprint / design change requirements and work with relevant stakeholders to develop redressal plan if required
- Drive definition of standard for effective development and deployment of collaboration systems as per current and future business needs
- Leads the development of collaboration platform management policies and procedures that are efficient, effective and market leading in terms of providing information management support to the enterprise
- Drive formulation and improvement of release policy for the projects to ensure execution of activities related to both development and operations as per approved BHP Billiton Technology methodology, business requirements and best industry practices
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to agree on plan for development and deployment of collaboration systems including any requested changes, the risk involved and its effect on overall operations
- Manage the expenditure and ensure that it falls within the assigned budget and examine any areas where budget and expenditure exceed the agreed limits
- Drive delivery of end user team collaboration platforms to employees & partners by owning all related platforms, systems and applications, managing the design, build, and deployment of these solutions globally
Relationship management and engagement
- Drive the process for selecting appropriate vendors for meeting the project requirements in a timely manner and actively manage relationship with them
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to agree on plan for development and deployment of data systems including any requested changes, the risk involved and its effect on overall operations
- Engage leading edge vendors and system integrators to continuously improve the enterprise Collaboration platform
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors and / or Masters degree preferred in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- Professional training in Collaboration Tools and applications (e.g. SharePoint, MS Office, Workflow application)
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Bilingual: Fluent English, both verbal and written/ Fluent Spanish, both verbal and written is preferred
Experience and Technical Competencies
- At least 10 years' experience preferred within IT environment of a large corporation, with a global service provider or a consulting firm
- Minimum 4 years of team management experience within multi cultural global organisations.
- Strong business relationship management skills
- Experience in directing and coaching activities of autonomous professional staff
- Deep expertise and a track record of success working on large, complex Collaboration Platform projects
- Exposure to working in global environment, including geographically dispersed businesses, communication across variety of audiences, etc.
- Project Management and Budget Management skills are essential
- Ability to enforce structure and discipline but remain flexible to situational priorities and provide timely decision making
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
Our people strategy is focused on balanced leadership and driving a high performing culture. BHP Billiton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages female and Indigenous Australian candidates to apply.