|Job Ref:||EMP375928||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Automotive||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£37,000 - £48,000/year||Post Date:||25/10/2016 21:32|
We are seeking a Software engineer to work within the team responsible for delivering engineering solutions and services. The role demands a proactive approach to maintain and advance our capacity and capability to deliver end to end support for our embedded control solutions.|
Embedded Software, RTOS, Matlab
1. Develop and improve departmental resources and procedures, reviewing emergent technology and established best practices to ensure deployment of robust solutions.
2. Working with key stakeholders to develop requirements into an appropriate specification.
3. Working at all stages of targeted projects to include initial feasibility and management justifications, drafting of specification, securing budget, coding and verification through to handover and end user training. Project scope to cover a range of disciplines including:
Embedded software for DSP based module controllers
Establish and maintain appropriate toolchains to deliver robust solutions.
4. Ensuring effective knowledge capture and transfer for all systems through the appropriate use of documentation and training.
5. Provide high level software support, guidance and training to including version control, resolution support and test validation.
6. Consideration of health and safety, environmental and energy impact of all activities, developing and designing to meet or exceed established standards e.g. machine safety standards, low voltage directive etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience required:
1. Software based HND and significant industrial experience with portfolio showing learning to Degree level, Software Engineering Honours Degree with relevant industrial experience.
2. Good first principles understanding of engineering with proven analytical skills.
3. Previous experience in the use of modern software development tools
4. MatLab Simlink tool chains to generate embedded solutions
5. Vector CAN tolls to diagnose and calibrate controllers
6. Understanding of CCP protocols and its use in a multi-target control system
7. Use of SIL, PIL, MIL and HIL
8. Recent experience of developing software for production automotive use (ISO26262)
1. Previous experience in the design and development of embedded software on RT target systems, Texas Instruments DSPs (TMS320, Delphino), NI Veristand.
1. Ability to work flexibly, under pressure to support business requirements.
2. A customer focused approach to the role.
3. Apply a structured logical approach to all work; working in a clean organized manner at all times.
4. Excellent time management and planning skills.
5. Self motivated with the ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team.
6. Confident clear communication in English, both verbal and written.
KEYWORDS FOR SEARCH:
MATLAB, SIMULINK, REAL-TIME CONTROL, EMBEDDED, FIXED POINT DESIGNER, EMBEDDED CODER, ASAM, CCP, DSP (Texas Instruments) VECTOR - CANALYZER, VECTOR - CANAPE,