|Job Ref:||EMP375942||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Automotive||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bedford||Address:||Post Code:||MK40||Salary:||Negotiable||Post Date:||25/10/2016 21:31|
Run engine fuel test programs to controlled and detailed internal procedures. Engine strip and rating experience to include injector flowing, deposit measurements, fuel blending and handling control.|
Must have a sound automotive background preferably in a testing environment.
Roles and responsibilities
• Run CEC engine test programs to detailed work tickets.
• Gather accurate data to enable detailed report generation.
• Ensure all H&S and quality procedures have been adhered to
• Pre-rigging of engines to pallets including fabricating brackets, exhaust systems, fitting instrumentation
• Installation of rigged engines into test cells and getting them up and running
• Service and repair all types of engines
• Ensure agreed deadlines are met and liaise with operations to ensure targets are met
• To liaise with supporting staff, Engineers, Supervisors and customers on a technical level
• Install and set up instrumentation as required from engineering
• Carry out various controlled testing on various powertrain units and development work
• Develop initiatives to reduce waste and optimise efficiency
• Develop best working practises and provide training to others
• Act in accordance with the behaviours for staff at all times
• City and Guild in Automotive or Engineering
• (Full Automotive / engineering apprenticeship or HNC)
• Must have a sound automotive background preferably in a testing environment
• Instrumentation experience (thermocouples, pressure transducers etc.)
• Prototype engine strip/build
• Good understanding of gasoline and diesel engine operation
• Bench fitting and fabrication skills
• Understanding of complex engines, testing techniques and associated equipment and tools
• Skilled in the build and modification of engine harnesses
• A good understanding of engine test cell equipment including emissions measurement, combustion analysis and calibration tools
• Skills in electronic, electrical and mechanical engine diagnostics
• Good general IT skills especially MS Excel
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and instruction
• Ability to use technical knowledge to contribute to the testing process
• Ability to work under own initiative.
• Time management and organisation
• Professional attitude under pressure and good communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to follow written instructions/ work requests
• Good understanding of H&S practices
• Willingness to work shifts, including weekends
• Full UK driving licence
• Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check