|Job Ref:||EMP375984||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Defence||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ash Vale||Address:||Salary:||£47/hour||Post Date:||04/10/2016 21:28|
We have a new requirement for a Principal Engineer to join BAE Systems in Ash Vale, the work will be on the Common Infrastructure product. This is an initial 6 month contract paying £47.82/hr.|
Experience in the specification, design and development of complex systems utilising COTS information technology.
- Producing system specifications derived from technical requirements, decomposing these into system and subsystem design descriptions, and software/hardware and interface requirement specifications.
- Maturing concept designs to meet designated technology readiness levels.
- Preparing and presenting design review material at product phase reviews to allow progression through the engineering lifecycle.
- Ensuring traceability of derived requirements to their parent system-level requirements and aiding the test team to produce sufficient quality control evidence to allow the production of the system’s certificate of design.
- Technical input to the project management team to produce robust cost estimates, technical risk assessment and reduction.
- Developing and testing components of the CI Product suite ensuring that both functional and non functional requirements have been met prior to submission into formal test.
- Investigating and addressing technical issues by modifying existing designs or correcting design defects. Ensuring that all change records are maintained to accurately track the product’s design baseline.
You will be self-motivated and organised with an innovative approach to problem solving and a focus on delivery. Your strong communication skills will enable you to interface and present to others effectively.
Experience must include:
- You will have demonstrable experience in the specification, design and development of complex systems utilising COTS information technology.
- Systems architecture development including hardware and software specification, development and implementation.
- Good knowledge of the internals of Windows and Unix-based operating systems.
- Good level of understanding of real-time systems, network and switching protocols, and virtualised network environments.
- High-level experience of high-performance processing design, high-resilience networks, modern processing systems and virtualization (including VMware or other virtualised products).
- Experience of using UML.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience to ideally include:
- Software development utilising programming and scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bourne/Bash shell, Python, Java, C#.
- An understanding of design-for-safety and the production of evidence to support product safety justifications.
- Requirements management within a DOORS environment.
- Enterprise Architect
- Experience of the design, development, test and qualification of products for use in a military deployed environment.
- Ability and experience in interacting with and successfully influencing key stakeholders at all levels.