|Job Ref:||R0011715||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||04/10/2016 22:01|
Systems Engineer |
Canary Wharf, London
The technology and systems expertise offered by Thales’s Transportation team powers safe, reliable and efficient services to rail networks the world over. In the UK, we deliver advanced signalling, supervision and control, integrated communications, security and information systems for urban rail, mainline rail and road networks. As we continue to grow our business, we need the best talent to join us and deliver world class solutions.
THALES is delivering the £750m 4LM project providing Automatic Train Control (ATC) system for four of London Underground’s Sub Surface Rail (SSR) lines: District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City. The programme has a five year duration and is a comprehensive solution including management, design, development, manufacturing, supply, delivery, construction, installation, integration, testing, commissioning and migration. THALES UK are working in collaboration with the client and our colleagues in Canada and India to deliver this project.
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer. This is an excellent, development opportunity for an ambitious individual and is a key position within the 4LM project across the System Requirements and IVVQ teams..
This is a full time, permanent position based in our client’s Westferry offices, Canary Wharf.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Converts requirements into conceptual designs and prepares associated documentation by performing operational analyses, simulations and technical trade-off studies evaluating alternative design configurations and functional features.
- Good understanding of the development lifecycle and lifecycle products.
- Prepares system & subsystem requirement specifications, interface requirements and test requirement documents by analysing, decomposing modelling and refining customer requirements.
- Performs technical/engineering tasks to define system design and subsystem requirements details through systems modelling techniques. Analysis and simulations are performed as necessary to identify design feasibility & driving requirements.
- Interfacing with the client, to gain approval of test specifications and to host acceptance testing activities.
- Able to create outline designs from requirements using a variety of design toolsets.
- Develops site survey processes and instructions for testing system functionality and supports these surveys.
- Investigates technical system issues using simulators and data interrogation, and provides technical support during and after integration phases.
- Performs verification and validation activities where appropriate
Skills & Attributes
- Proven experience within a demanding systems engineering function
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work proactively within a team environment
- Sound ability to use a range of System Engineering tools.
- London Underground experience
- CBTC experience
- HNC/HND/Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent.n.