|Job Ref:||R0011721||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 22:01|
Senior Systems Engineer |
Canary Wharf, London
The technology and systems expertise offered by Thales’s Transportation team powers safe, reliable and efficient services to rail networks the world over. In the UK, we deliver advanced signalling, supervision and control, integrated communications, security and information systems for urban rail, mainline rail and road networks. As we continue to grow our business, we need the best talent to join us and deliver world class solutions.
THALES is delivering the £750m 4LM project providing Automatic Train Control (ATC) system for four of London Underground’s Sub Surface Rail (SSR) lines: District, Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City. The programme has a five year duration and is a comprehensive solution including management, design, development, manufacturing, supply, delivery, construction, installation, integration, testing, commissioning and migration. THALES UK are working in collaboration with the client and our colleagues in Canada and India to deliver this project.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity for an established Senior Systems Engineer and is a key position within the 4LM project.
This is a full time, permanent position based in our client’s Westferry offices, Canary Wharf.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Converts requirements into conceptual designs and prepares associated documentation by performing operational analyses, system models, simulations and technical trade-off studies evaluating alternative design configurations and functional features.
- Supervises staff, by defining their work, coaching them on how and what to prepare, monitoring their progress and directing them on priorities.
- Proposes work package estimates and descriptions based on knowledge of the work and project requirements, ensuring that compliant solutions at optimum cost are identified.
- Excellent understanding of the development lifecycle and lifecycle products.
- Prepares system & subsystem requirement specifications, interface requirements and test requirement documents by analysing, decomposing modelling and refining customer requirements.
- Performs technical/engineering tasks to define system design and subsystem requirements details. Analysis and simulations are performed as necessary to identify design feasibility & driving requirements.
- Leads technical investigations using simulators and data interrogation and provides feedback and recommendations to the client and colleagues alike.
- Interfacing with the client, to gain approval of test specifications and to host acceptance testing activities.
- Able to create outline designs from requirements using a variety of design toolsets
Skills & Attributes
- Proven experience within a demanding systems engineering function
- Technical specialist in systems modelling (UML, SysML, etc.)
- Experienced in use of system modelling tools (Enterprise Architect, Melody Advance, etc.)
- Sound ability to use a range of System Engineering tools.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior team members
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work proactively within a team environment
- London Underground experience
- CBTC experience
- HNC/HND/Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer