Thales technology makes it possible for two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. Thales also protects 80% of the world’s payment card transactions and is Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics. Beyond that our people have made London’s Jubilee and Northern Lines 20% more efficient and have delivered more than 300 air defence radars in 26 countries. We’re a leading name in our markets and a diverse, constantly evolving organisation. Join us. |
The primary purpose of the Assistant Financial Accountant is to assist with the month end reporting which includes preparing balance sheet reconciliation's, accruals and prepayments. This role will involve assisting in all ERP hedging processes and reporting, working within the required controls frameworks for each entity.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Assist in month end reporting including the calculating, preparing and posting of accruals and prepayments for B1.
- Cover the hedging processes and administration providing support for the hedging team lead. Under the guidance of the hedging lead ensure all hedging transactions are accounted for correctly in the ERP systems that SAS maintain.
- Working alongside AP, AR and cashiers to assist with the processing of invoices, payments and receipts against hedges, proactively looking to resolve issues
- Working with the Businesses as required in the resolution of hedging issues, providing support and training as required.
- Assist with the monthly hedging reviews with the businesses, preparing the files for review in the meetings alongside with any ad hoc requests from the businesses
- Assist with the on-going implementation of the Treasury and Cash Management tool, looking to enhance/ improve processes/ reporting where possible
- Assist in getting all required reporting in place for the ERP systems in respect of the hedging requirements
- Support other SAS/BU B-One user and provide on the job training where required
- Assist in standardising processes
- Strong Excel skills (pivots, lookups)
- Ability to deal with large volumes of data
- Good communication skills both verbal & written
- Good customer focus & client interface
- Ability to learn new skills and deal with change
- Experience of working in a shared service environment
- Experience of Oracle
- Knowledge of Hedging
- ACCA / CIMA Studier
- Exposure to ERP systems such as Oracle / SAP would be advantageous
- Self motivated, able to work to tight deadlines both as part of a team and individually
- Proactive, open to change and able to implement this both inside finance and across the wider business
- Able to deal with all levels of customer from Directors to colleagues
Play a key part within the core business, apply now.