the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Provide strategic operational leadership and management direction in a multi-disciplined manufacturing operation to ensure timely delivery of quality products to the customer while meeting profitability objectives.
- Develop and implement the strategic and operating plans which support the company's business and operational objectives aligned with the Balanced Scorecard and Operating goals, while leading and driving the implementation of Lean manufacturing practices.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all Production activities through subordinate Production Managers ensuring the division's objectives for producing and shipping the quality and quantity of aircraft within the cost parameters established.
- Coordinate with the support groups as necessary to create focus, attention, and accountability to Production requirements.
- Identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensure feedback at a business unit level.
- In coordination with Methods and Facilities, assures the development and implementation of the capital plan to support Production requirements, product improvements and enhancements of Production facilities in keeping with the division product, productivity, and growth goals.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of operating and Production standards and goals in support of the division business plan.
- Review and evaluate cost effectiveness, consistency, quality, accuracy, and performance to standards and takes actions as necessary to correct discrepancies.
- Approves operational budget and manpower requirements.
- Actively lead and drive execution of the Achieving Excellence System within area of responsibility (i.e. SQPEC, Visible Leadership, etc) in line with Bombardier's strategic vision.
- Assure effective customer service and relations by implementing processes to deliver quality products on time.
- Promote continuous performance improvements throughout the area using AES tools and methodology.
- Build, develop, and lead a competent and motivated Production management team that positively contributes to Safety, Quality, Productivity, Employee and Cost commitments.
- Promotes the maintenance of harmonious industrial relations within the Production environment by promoting and developing good working relationships with team members and open communication.
- Facilitate communication & collaboration with other functions and senior leadership.
- Coach, develop and mentor Operations Unit Managers and Line Managers, and jointly establish performance measures
- Ensure financial performance objectives (manufacturing costs and operating budget) are met through efficient governance, continuous performance evaluation & control and deployment of key indicators at all levels.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks pertaining to delivery, manufacturing costs, product conformity and compliance to regulations (Environment, Health & Safety)
- Be required to travel occasionally
As our ideal candidate,
Terms of Employment
- You hold a University Degree in Business Management, Engineering, Operations Management, or equivalent.
- You have minimum of 10 to 15 years of progressive management experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- You have a minimum of 7 years management experience in implementing lean manufacturing principles and concepts or Six Sigma/performance improvements within the aerospace industry.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience managing complex organizational change initiatives.
- You have demonstrated of strong leadership and team building skills, coupled with strong analytical skills.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have the credibility, presence and maturity to quickly gain the confidence and respect of Bombardier Business Aircraft senior management.
- You are self-motivated and can efficiently organize and prioritize objectives and projects.
- You have a firm understanding of aircraft Customer Options and option management.
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, management, and contractors.
- You possess presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with all levels of management, customers, and potential customers.
- Have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and web-based applications.
- You are a results-driven leader who is outgoing and persuasive, is accustomed to working with senior management and yet is able to effectively relate to shop floor issues.
- You have experience developing teams, including individual development and improving teamwork across an organization.
- Have the credibility, presence and maturity to quickly gain the confidence and respect of senior
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- Location: Downsview, Toronto, ON
- Number of hours: 40
- Terms of employment: Permanent
- Wage range: $133,000 to $ 156,000
- Other salary conditions:
- Dental Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Medical Benefits
- Pension Plan Benefits
- RRSP Benefits
- Vision Care Benefits
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.