Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we’ve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we’re always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it’s vital that we have a talented team on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
We are currently looking to hire a Service Technician in Williamsville, NY.
- Meet customer expectations while performing quality installations
- Professionally represent the company at all times
- Learn to complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communicating devices, such as laptop computers and/or hardcopy
- Follow and maintain a highly structured installation schedule
- Learn to program all systems via laptop computer
- Learn to troubleshoot, repair and program various types of fire alarm, communication and security systems
- Complete assigned installations on time and on budget
- Perform other duties as directed
- Knowledge of low voltage wiring, basic computer operation and troubleshooting techniques required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
- Able to adhere to and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision
- Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
- NICET certification is a plus
- Be able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local Codes