As a critical part of the Tyco Integrated Security team, the Commercial Installer works onsite with our commercial customers to set up and program their Tyco Integrated Security fire and security systems. The Commercial Installer also dismantles and reconstructs equipment when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs appropriate devices; dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or Tyco Integrated Security.
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
- Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
- Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
- Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
- Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
- Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- May mange installation teams on larger projects.
- Coach and mentor less experienced installers.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Some technical school training is a plus.
- • 8 years electrical and electronic equipment experience with demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
Tyco Integrated Security LLC offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Tyco, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
- Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.