|Job Ref:||143788BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Germantown||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 22:34|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Purpose and Scope:
The Director of Procurement and Supply Chain Management is responsible for leading, training, and mentoring project procurement teams and is accountable for the performance of purchasing, subcontracting, expediting, and logistics on assigned project(s). The Director of Procurement and Supply Chain Management reports to the VP of Procurement and Supply Chain Management and is responsible for the direction of the purchasing function to achieve project and program service goals/KPIs as well as the development of best in class processes to drive service level improvement. He or she will work across functional and geographic boundaries to ensure high levels of customer service and satisfaction relative to procurement service levels and management and communication of challenges, needs, and required improvements. He or she will be responsible to identifying and developing best in class procurement processes to competitively position AECOM in current and future markets
NA and maintain a high-performance culture in the function, resulting in continued success meeting functional KPIs and improved levels of customer service to interior and exterior customers.
2. Identify and develop key talent and appropriately manage underperformers to ensure success of all individuals in the department.
3. Manage the tactical operations of the materials management and purchasing function & staff.
4. Collaborate with Project Inventory Management teams to ensure accurate Forecasting and Inventory Planning, and development of Master Ordering Agreements/Blanket Purchasing Agreements for high volume items.
5. Communicate with counterparts in other functional areas such as Bid and Development, Pricing, Product Management, and other Functional areas to ensure alignment of activities and objectives.
6. Work across a global, matrixed organization, sharing and learning best practices, and balancing global and local needs and impacts.
7. Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy.
8. Identify vendor opportunities and challenges and partner with the Product Management team to ensure appropriate resolution.
9. Assumes responsibility and accountability for project procurement and materials management activities necessary to acquire materials, equipment and services of the required quality at the lowest evaluated cost and furnish them to the point of use at the time required by the contract.
10 . Develops and implements staffing plans to support project requirements.
11. Assigns tasks to the project materials management personnel and manages their activities.
12. Coordinates the preparation of standard materials management instruments for the project including flow-down of prime contract obligations and risks.
13. Ensures that materials management functions are performed in conformance with AECOMs policies and procedures, the requirements of the prime contract with the customer including, as applicable, the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and its supplements.
14. Reviews and approves source lists, bid analysis summaries, and materials management documents to ensure fair and ethical treatment of suppliers, protect the company's interests, and promote best value awards.
15. Monitors materials management progress and facilitates early identification and timely resolution of potential problems, changes, disputes, and claims.
16. Supports the development of proposals and new business by preparing materials management strategies and plans, pricing for goods and subcontracted services, labor estimates, capability and experience data, systems descriptions, and other marketing aids.
17. Maintains awareness of market trends to identify and implement process improvements, reduce costs, and increase utilization of resources.
18. Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a materials management organization to support company or project requirements.
19. Knowledgeable of construction and operation means, methods, and sequences.
20. Prepares and implements project materials management execution plans, staffing plans, and project materials management procedures.
21. Determines types of contracts to be used for the materials, equipment and services required.
22. Analyzes supplier information to assess cost and schedule risks.
23. Reviews and approves negotiation strategy and leads negotiation meetings.
24. Works with the Legal and Contracts Department to determine prime contract flow-downs including those from the FAR, and to resolve supplier or subcontractor exceptions to terms and conditions; and performs internal procurement reviews to determine continued compliance and additional training
25. Reviews and Approves procurement requirements in accordance with the Delegation of Contracts and Procurement Signature Authority
26. Seeks appropriate counsel from materials management as required to meet complex project issues.
27. Works as the Deputy to the VP of Procurement and Supply Chain Manager for AECOM Management Services.
28. Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.