Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM works with national and local governments around the world to manage and support critical programs in the areas of defense, security and intelligence; energy and climate change; environmental cleanup and waste management; infrastructure development, protection and resilience; and international development. Our global operations and connected expertise enable us to provide cutting-edge, relevant and cost-effective solutions that help our clients safeguard and enrich society and the world we live in.
AECOM is seeking a Temporary, Part-Time Occupational Safety and Health Nurse 2 to be based in our Morgantown, WV location.
The successful incumbent will be working as an Occupational Safety and Health Nurse 2 at the NETL SOS Project in Morgantown, WV. In a small team environment, the temporary part-time nurse will have an assignment from an estimated duration of mid-October 2016 through mid-January 2017, and will:
- Assist in the day to day operations of the Occupational Health Unit (OHU), including but not limited to occupational and nonoccupational patient evaluation and care, performing screening occupational health tests listed below, and evaluating test results.
- Ensure testing performance is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, standards, plans, policies and procedures.
- Ensure medical testing results are entered into medical database as well as providing hard copy results to employees as requested by DOE and the employee.
- Assist in assessment of program in terms of regulatory compliance and best medical practices.
- Prepare reports as requested, makes recommendations for improvements.
- Keep abreast of current developments in occupational health issues and associated laws and regulations.
- Under physician direction, provides phlebotomy services, administer immunizations and over the counter medications, perform testing such as vision testing, pulmonary function (PFT/spirometry), EKG, UA by dipstick and audiograms when needed for clearances.
- In a team effort, determine employees needing entry into various health programs (hearing, respirator, medical surveillance, etc).
- Document employee visits, injuries, illnesses and treatment administered by first aid and/or medical referral necessary in the medical record and database.
- Ensure that testing is performed correctly and results appropriately documented.
- Report injuries as required by the company, State and Federal regulations.
- Manage workers' compensation cases and maintains workers' compensation case files as appropriate and in accordance with the pertinent laws and regulations.
- Participate in, conduct and document periodic health inspections.
- Ensure that appropriate information is provided to the employer/supervisor about medical restrictions without violating employee privacy/Health Information Portability and Privacy Act (HIPPA) requirements.
- Participate in employee training, emergency preparedness and ensures the quality of programs. Refers employees for ergonomic evaluations, participates in emergency response drills and CPR/AED/FA training as appropriate.
- Provide consultations, wellness education, and referrals.
- This is a temporary part-time position, estimated duration of assignment is from mid-October 2016 to mid-January 2017.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing and six (6) years of position-related experience
- Current WV state RN licensure required, dual licensure in PA a plus.
- BLS CPR certification required.
- Must have and maintain all credentialing and state licensure requirements.
- The successful candidate will possess strong organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate and prioritize projects and day to day tasks.
- Must have the ability to adapt to changes as they occur.
- Due to the nature of the work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
- ACLS and BLS instructor a plus.
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist (COHNS) desired Occupational Health experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Workers' Compensation program case management preferred.
- Experience performing audiograms and certification in audiometry as an Occupational Hearing Conservationist (OHC) preferred.
- Completion of a NIOSH approved Spirometry course is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA regulations.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.