Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
The AECOM Baltimore, Maryland, office has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance/Compliance Manager to join our team in the Transportation Business Unit who will be assigned to Purple Line Light Rail Project. As the Quality Assurance/Compliance Manager you will independently perform varied and complex contracting responsibilities for a variety of professional services, construction contracting and other purposes for the Purple Line Light Rail Project in accordance with MTA/FTA policies and all applicable legal requirements.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes departmental requirements and makes recommendations relative to contract document requirements and the contractor's approved QA/QC plan and its implementation
- Serve as a resource to project manager and discipline leads and their teams in all areas related to QA/QC requirement of contracts and specifications
- Assist in implementing the contractor's approved QA/QC plan by resolving all no-conformance issues
- Review, implement, and maintain overall Quality Management System for the Purple Line Project; the work shall encompass all aspects of engineering functions, including: real estate acquisition, engineering design, procurement, construction, rehabilitation, installation, system integration, testing, monitoring safety certification, training, and turnover
- Review, research, coordinate and develop administrative, technical / engineering and system background information for the review and update of QA / QC manuals for the Purple Line Project
- Review and approve of the Contractors QA / QC program plan (CQC Plan)
- Monitor implementation of approved CQC Plan by the Contractor and subcontractors
- Review, inspect, and monitor contractors test matrix data, testing schedule, incoming material inspection data, product identification and traceability, equipment calibration records, document control, records of non-conforming products and corrective/preventive action, sub-contractor records, and internal audit reports
- Monitor project specific quality control measures and data records maintained by the contractor and inspectors
- Monitor inspection oversight and co-ordinate with third party oversight (FTA / PMOC)
- Monitor testing, training, commissioning and turnover
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Public Administration or related field
- 5 years of Transit Rail professional experience in developing and administering public agency's QA/QC contracts for large projects or managing QA/QC department of Public Agency; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Understanding of principles, practices, and methods used in Transit Rail QA/QC contracting and contract administration, including best-value selection process and other alternative project delivery methods
- Understanding of Federal, State, and local laws and regulations governing QA/QC requirements for administration of contracts
- Understanding of QA/QC Principles, practices, and techniques of drafting and administering complex contracts and enforcing contract provisions
- Understanding of principles and practices of sound business communication
- Familiarity with office and records management practices and procedures
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Must be eligible to work in United States
- Must possess a valid Class C driver's license and have the ability to maintain insurability under the authority's vehicle insurance program
- 10 years of Transit Rail professional experience in developing and administering public agency's QA/QC contracts for Large Mega Projects or Managing QA/QC department of Public Agency; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Current designation as a Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM), or the ability to obtain the certification within one year of employment
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.