|Job Ref:||8d03755417||Employer:||Direct Solutions - Canada||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Alberta||City:||Edmonton||Address:||Post Date:||23/10/2016 09:11|
My client, a large Commercial Property Management firm is currently seeking a Senior Building Technician for a building in their Edmonton portfolio. This role is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance, and services on facility's mechanical and electrical equipment and systems. The Senior Building Technician will perform work with established processes and in accordance with environmental, health, safety, and fire protection legislation.
MUST HAVE: Trades certification or license in one or more of the following:
• Journeyman level Refrigeration license. Gasfitter I & II license in addition to a refrigeration license, an asset.
• Journeyman level Electrical license
• Journeyman level Plumbing license
• Power Engineering 3rd Class
• Performs regular facility maintenance on the mechanical and electrical equipment and systems of the building with regard to monitoring, inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance.
• Provides observations about the mechanical and electrical equipment and systems conditions and provides recommendations for enhancement and repair.
• Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
• Responds to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility.
• Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database.
• Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program.
• Assists in enhancing tenant and customer satisfaction
• Must be able and willing to work shifts, and be available for on-call/standby and emergency calls.
Skills & Experience:
• 5 years + of facility operations and maintenance work experience
• High school diploma plus trades training and certification or licensing
• Ability to maintain and repair mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
• Troubleshooting and resolution skills in order to determine and resolve building mechanical and electrical equipment and system issues
• Current knowledge of fire, life, safety and building codes and standards
• Strong environmental, health and safety mindset. Ability to perform work in a safe manner
For immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604) 836 -- 2672 and email resume to NA. The salary for this position depends on experience and includes a generous benefits program and opportunity for advancement.
My client is an upscale window covering firm.