Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||25094492001||Employer:||AMEY||Job Type:||Permanent||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 00:01|
What is the purpose of this role?
Provide CAD support to the team of Project Managers, Engineers and Designers. The role will involve the successful applicant up skilling and developing to become a Water Designer.
Amey design all of the new water mains required for new developments (including domestic and commercial). The existing team is built up of reactive, proactive individuals who are prepared to â€go the extra mileâ€ to deliver the designs to our clients Service Level Agreements.
The role is based within our offices at Birmingham
What makes this role unique?
• Opportunity to develop into a Water Designer within the Water Industry
• Working directly with clients and the Amey delivery team
• You will ensure that good relationships with all external parties are maintained to enhance the reputation of the company and the delivery of projects to the customer
• Training will be supplied both on the job and where required specific focused training.
What will this role involve?
• Obtaining utility drawings
• Delivering clean and / or waste water infrastructure projects within a framework contract and to customers outside the framework
• Be confident to work under minimum supervision Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations;
• Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts, when required;
What are we looking for?
• Interpersonal and team working skills are a must, as is a flexible approach and a willingness to learn.
• Must be conscientious and dedicated to making a success of the business. Able to interface with clients and present a professional image of Amey.
• Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite
• Client focused approach to service delivery
Role Specific Responsibilities
• Producing CAD drawings
• Completing the design of water networkâ€™s (with guidance)
• Working with Hydraulic Models (with guidance) to produce Risk and Contingency documents.
• Maintaining trackers (excel spreadsheets) so they are kept up to date
• Administrative team duties
• Use of IT packages such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access). AutoCAD would be an advantage but not essential