Job Purpose |
- Overall technology leadership and responsible for architecting solutions (pre-sales level) in her/his assigned accounts and/or territory
- Primary technology leader/strategist during client engagement.
- Responsible for pre-sales technology, solutions, and strategic client engagement.
- Works closely with Sales and Solutions & Products (S&P) team for on-going account development, consistent execution, and compliance with pre-sales processes and disciplines.
- Understand and position solutions around complete HDS portfolio
- Become a customer trusted advisor
- Overall responsibility for the solutions being proposed to customer (technical leadership in assigned accounts / territory)
- Works with sales to formulate account strategies. Performs discovery with customers to understand key technical, financial, operational, and business issues that can be mitigated or alleviated.
- Assesses customer opportunities and architects creative and innovative solutions aimed at solving business, operational, and financial issues. Provides highly innovated solutions and contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Proposes and demonstrates the suite of Hitachi products through the use of demo's, white boards, and presentations.
- Remains up to date with respect to HDS portfolio (products, solutions, and services) and keeps abreast of industry trends, best practices, and competing/complementary products.
- Identifies and delivers customer requirements, including the ability to provide meaningful field input to the product teams, to enhance the company's overall platform/value proposition.
- Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
- As appropriate, directly engages with high-level customer decision makers to understand customer business issues and brings the right resources to bear in developing and proposing solutions including, hardware, software, and business consulting services.
- Bridging relationship and ensuring consistency between HDS presales and other internal organizations ( GSS, CS&S, GSC and S&P)
- Create customer engagement and enthusiasm through delivery of Hitachi and HDS Vision and Strategy
- Develop architecture, sizing, quotes (including configuration), proposals, and presentation related to the solution being built
- 5 years of experience in a consulting presales role in the storage industry or in a high-value solutions oriented company
- 10 years of experience in the Information Technology industry
- Unix, Windows and/or z/OS system administration experience
- Strong knowledge of Data Storage, Compute Server, Business Continuity, SAN, LAN/WAN concepts and architectures.
- Detailed understanding of one or more of the following disciplines: Storage Management, Virtualization, Tiered Storage, Converged Solutions, Business Continuity, Mainframe.
- A deep knowledge of NAS Solutions is highly desirable.
- Enterprise applications knowledge - Exchange, SharePoint, SAP, Oracle, Hypervisors, etc. would be a plus
- Database, Business Intelligence, and Big Data experience would be a plus
- Track record of success in business technology related sales.
- Knowledge of the Mexican public sector vertical
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education needed.
- Ability to write well-structured reports and proposals with clear, logical and succinct language.
- Ability to develop and deliver well-structured presentations with information appropriate for the desired audience.
- Strong presentation skils
- Excellent customer/business negotiation skills.
- Personable - Able to represent HDS positively to customers and build positive relationships.
- Persuasive - Able to influence effectively.
- Articulate - Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized - Able to coordinate resources and tasks effectively.
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations and prioritize effectively.
- Able to manage time effectively.
- Able to work independently and proactively, self-starter.
- Fluency in the language of the country of actuation as well as in English
Availability to travel minimum of 50% of the time