|Job Ref:||018222||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United States||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 00:01|
Job description |
Job title: Solutions Consulting Manager (SCM)
Reporting to: Regional Pre-Sales Director (RPD)
Direct reports: Account Consultants (AC); Solutions Consultants (SC)
Overall leader for all district pre-sales resources. Has direct report responsibility for account consultants and solutions consultants. Responsible for the sales engagement, working closely with the Regional Pre Sales Director (RPD); Regional Sales VP and Solutions and Products (S&P) on development of the pre-sales organization and ensuring consistent execution of and compliance with all presales processes and procedures. Provides recommendation and approval of district personnel decisions with regard to filling any position, as well as performance management including the termination process.
• Owns the success of HDS sales engagements in the assigned district.
• Owns the effectiveness of solutions and account consulting in the assigned region.
• In conjunction with management, ensures optimal pre-sales staffing for sales engagements.
• Ensures effective coordination with the Sales and S&P on development of processes and procedures.
• Ensures consistent execution of all pre-sales processes and procedures.
• Hires, develops, and mentors account and solutions consultants.
• Provides recommendation and approval on consultant hiring and other decisions in the staff management process, including terminations.
• Works with leadership team on consultant performance management and development.
• Reinforces organizational goals through recognizing and rewarding excellence.
• Assesses customer opportunities.
• As appropriate, directly engages with high-level customer decision makers to understand customer
business issues and brings the right resources to bear in developing and proposing solutions including
hardware, software, and business consulting services.
Transformation and change management
• Models a solution-focused approach to the sales engagement and strategically drives change through
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin,ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
• Track record of success in strategic management in a complex pre-sales organization.
• At least ten years' experience in pre-sales for complex customer solutions including hardware, software, and services.
• A four-year college degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of experience
• Proven ability to resolve conflict and arbitrate.
• A deep understanding of the market conditions and requirements in the HDS selling space.
• Proven ability to lead strategically across organizational boundaries.
• Visionary - able to inspire others with a well-articulated vision.
• Collaborative - able to work effectively with other leaders and colleagues in a matrix organization.
• Able to manage and motivate across organizations.
• Strategic - projects an executive presence and communicates a strategic understanding of customers' business issues.
• Articulate - possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.