Senior Executive and Internal Communications Manager Primary Location Preference: Denver, CO Hitachi Data Systems is searching for a seasoned and passionate communications professional to develop strategies and messaging to help drive internal and external communications for its Chief Information Officer and senior IT leadership team. This individual must be able to quickly capture the voice of the CIO, learn complex subject matter and synthesize information gathered from multiple sources into clear, concise and impactful communications. A deep understanding of industry trends and market dynamics is essential, along with the ability to translate information into compelling written messages and visuals for presentations. This individual will also be a key contributor on change management communications for the company to ensure the success of key initiatives. He or she must also work independently, with minimal input from leadership, to determine appropriate communications priorities and identify the right channels and audiences for each message. The successful candidate will balance proactive guidance and strategy with flawless execution to become a trusted communications advisor to the IT leadership team. The position will be a critical member of the company's Executive and Internal Communications team, with dotted line to the Office of the CIO. |
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and implement effective communications strategies for the CIO, including the appropriate channels, frequency and audience for communications on a wide-variety of topics.
- Establish and proactively drive a thought leadership platform for the CIO to deliver a strong external voice for her and the company.
- Partner with IT and HR stakeholders to help build and execute effective change communications strategies for major initiatives.
- Distil complex information into engaging content for presentations and messages to a variety of global audiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional communications and business colleagues proactively and on a project-basis to bring the right information and insights into each communication initiative.
- Maximize the opportunities for executives to deliver the Hitachi story to a variety of audiences and articuate the company's vision, mission and key priorities.
- Minimum of 12 years communications experience with at least 5 years of experience supporting communications for a senior technology executive.
- Strong business acumen, including the ability to understand and relay complex information about market trends, technology and financial performance.
- Experience working in a global organization in the technology industry, with insight and sensitivity to cultural influences.
- Experience pitching story ideas to media outlets and securing keynote speaking opportunities for senior executives.
- Ability to build trust and interact with executives with confidence, proactively driving communications outcomes and providing insightful counsel.
- Ability to adapt to the unique tone and style of the executive to deliver credible, authentic communications.
- Demonstrated ability to create high quality work with limited guidance from executives, delivering results calmly and with good judgment in a fast-paced, high-stress, heavily matrixed environment.
- Superior writing, editing (AP style preferred) and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills, including ability to illustrate concepts visually.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, proactive, able to work independently as well as in teams.
- Strategic and creative thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Manages confidentiality without exception; demonstrates outstanding judgment and discretion.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field; Master's degree preferred.