|Job Ref:||CHRFQE4516||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tipton||Address:||Post Code:||DY4||Salary:||£ 30,000 - £ 35,000 per year||Post Date:||05/10/2016 00:31|
Quality Engineer required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading automotive business.|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of automotive technology? Do you have a background as a quality engineer with strong 1st tier supplier experience? Have you got strong problem solving skills? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the role for you!
You will focus on ensuring the quality of the parts produced meet all customer expectations; rapid problem solving and effectively taking actions when customer concerns are found. Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with customers at all levels. You will lead quality improvement activities with in production processes and sustain customer satisfaction.
* Support of all customer activity into Tipton manufacturing site:
* Take part in NPI process quality reviews - actively support to identify issues and resolution
* Performance analysis of customer issues to Tipton manufacturing site - including Delivered PPM, written complaints, on time delivery and over/under delivery up to JOB 1 plus 90 days.
* Monitor customer 8D/PPS system - ensuring customers are issued with 8D/PPS's and that suitable responses are reported and auctioned in a timely manner
* 8D/PPS reviews with customers for all concerns and performance issues
* Monitor and support all corrective actions for customer quality
* Support engineering team with new product introductions and engineering change activity including PPAP & APQP reviews.
* Support sub supplier APQP activities and ensure supplier support through all build phases.
* Support sub suppliers PSW activities.
* Engineering qualification or equivalent experience within a similar role.
* 1st Tier supplier to Automotive OEM experience is highly desirable.
* Experience in quality disciplines including FMEA, Control Plans, 8D, PPAP, APQP, DOE, SPC, TS16949 etc
* Ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external customers on program, engineering and commercial issues.
* Effective relationship building skills with customer interfaces - both internal and external.
* Understanding of Plastic Moulding, PU Moulding, Trimming, Reworking and Quality Standards.
* Presentable and confident - Regular customer facing role
* Self-motivator, determined and uses initiative, capable of championing internal program activity -Dedicated and focused on details, proactive and positive approach
* Capable of working under pressure, hands on approach to process/role
* Computer skills - MS word, excel, Power Point, MS project
* Applicants should be flexible, dedicated, hard-working and passionate about what they do.
You will be flexible, dedicated, hard-working and passionate about what you do. In return, you will be joining one of the most exciting UK manufacturing firms with great development opportunities! Further training support available and the opportunity to work in a rewarding and stimulating workplace.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.