|Job Ref:||CHRFDPP446||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rugeley||Address:||Post Code:||WS15||Salary:||£ 24,000 - £ 28,000 per year||Post Date:||05/10/2016 00:31|
Demand & Production Planner required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading production and assembly business.|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to further your career within a global business? Do you have a background in planning and expediting activities? Have you got a background of working in a fast paced assembly, production or manufacturing environment? If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the role for you!
You will be responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. You will create and maintain the forecast using information gathered from sales and other sources. This role is also responsible for making daily plans for production.
* Create & maintain demand forecasts. gather, analyse and validate data. Review historical sales trends, prepare forecast data and evaluate forecast results. Interact with sales & customers to understand demand forecast.
* Communicate with sales team to ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
* Refine systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs & improve stock levels.
* Use and maintain the Demand Planning forecasting system tool.
* Placing purchase orders with suppliers based on the information gathered.
* Work closely with suppliers to ensure material is received on time to meet customer demand. Monitoring of daily scheduling of key supply tasks to prevent emergency situations, hereunder missing shipment, missing stock, overstock.
* To be fully knowledgeable on costs of material.
* Responsible for all administrative tasks involved with demand & production planning
* Working closely with suppliers and build long lasting relationship.
* Plans and prepares production schedules for assembly of product.
* Manages lead time to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
* Analyses production plans & capacity and performs mathematical calculations to determine human resource requirements.
* Creates production schedule and prioritizes job-orders for production optimization
* Coordinates with department supervisors on the build programme to ensure work is completed on time to customer requirements.
* Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectation.
* Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
* Involved in resolving production problems and interacts with shop floor management on a daily basis.
* College Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
* Experience in a manufacturing, production and assembly environment preferred.
* Experience of dealing with a worldwide supplier base.
* Understanding of MRP system and Microsoft Office products; strong computer skills.
* Strong organizational and communication skills.
* Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
* Good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
* Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
* Demonstrate personal time management skills.
* This position requires strong analytical, organizational and decision making. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process. Good facilitation skills are required.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.