|Job Ref:||MIBABCO0410||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 45,000 per year, benefits||Post Date:||26/10/2016 16:03|
Are you an experienced Building Control Officer who is looking for their next move? Would you like to push your career forward by moving into a highly reputable private consultancy? If so then this is the role for you...|
A large, well respected private consultancy is looking for an experienced Building Control Officer to be the newest member of their strong team based in North London. The purpose of the role is to provide a range of professional and technical skills, acting on behalf of a local authority client, ensuring that their powers and duties are discharged under the Building Regulations and Building Act. This role would suit a talented Building Control Officer who perhaps would like to make the move from local authority into consultancy for their career.
* Ensure all works controlled under Building Regulations are undertaken in such a manner as to comply with the provisions
* Provide professional advice and guidance to all users of the service, recommending practical solutions to building regulation queries
* Ensure unauthorised work is brought into compliance and lead of enforcement
* Taking decisions on all aspects of dangerous structures
* Ensure the delivery of Building Control services to time scales and level of quality
* Act as an expert witness at enforcement hearings within the Magistrates and Crown Courts
* Proven track record/success in a building control division of a local authority or similar organisation processing complex building regulation applications
* IT literate, familiar with it's application within a local government environment
* Good knowledge of current building control legislation, guidance and issues
* Good understanding of London or metropolitan and local government building control issues
* Knowledge of the legislative requirements in relation to proposed demolition
* Practical understanding of the implications of Health and Safety legislation
* £45,000 basic salary
* Car or car allowance
* Competitive contributory pension
* Generous annual leave allowance
* A host of attractive corporate benefits as expected with large private sector corporation
Interested? Email your CV or call Mitchell Barker on NA for a confidential discussion about your career options.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Building Control , Building Control Officer , Building Regulations , Building Act , Health & Safety