|Job Ref:||JHAQS0310||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Christchurch||Address:||Post Code:||BH23||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 45,000 per year, benefits||Post Date:||26/10/2016 16:05|
I am working on a new exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join my clients team in Christchurch. You will be joining a fast paced and growing team working as a sub-contractor, they can pay up to £45,000 plus generous benefits.|
The key objective of this role is the measurement and valuation of works in progress, participation in the management of the supply chain and project costs of construction projects to ensure the overall financial success of a project.
* To ensure the full and proper implementation of the Company's Procedures
* To generate/maintain relevant records, accurate filing and support for all commercial functions
* To ensure the prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and subsequent cash collection together with the preparation of sub-contractor payments
* To prepare sub-contract orders to the level of responsibility delegated by the individual's supervisor
* To monitor sub-contractor performance in consultation with senior staff
* Pricing of variations/design cost control/value engineering
* To participate in the recording of delays & preparation of any request for extensions of time
* Settlement of main contract final accounts
* To monitor contract commercial performance and prepare monthly cost/value reconciliations.
* Supervision of work allocated to Trainee QS or Graduate Staff
* To apply a neat and accurate approach in all day to day activities and strive to enhance one's own professional capability.
* Any other duties relevant to role
Knowledge Skills & Experience
* Experience of working on a live project, undertaking measurement and valuation functions
* Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
* Experience of managing sub contractors
* Experience of processing subcontract payments
* Relevant qualifications
* Basic knowledge of different industry contracts
* Basic understanding of risk in construction process
* Knowledge of Joinery preferable.
* Good communication skills
* High degree of commercial awareness
* Ability to work alone and as part of a multi-disciplined team
* Adept at understanding construction drawings and able to measure and take off accurately
* Understanding of the inter-relationship between bills, specifications and drawings
* Understanding of construction contracts in relation to projects and of the relevance of sub contract terms and conditions
* Able to read a construction programme and relevance of the critical path
This is a great opportunity to join a well known business, they have a well established team and business with a great pipeline of work.
Benefits include a salary up to £45,000, car allowance, pension and private healthcare.
If you're interested in this role then please apply!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills "quantity surveyor" or "qs" or "construction" or "joinery" or "subcontractor"
qualification Ideally a BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent