|Job Ref:||BBBH141476||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Monmouthshire||Address:||Post Code:||NP7||Salary:||£ 120 - £ 140 per day||Post Date:||05/10/2016 00:37|
We have a great opportunity for a skilled Schools ICT support engineer to provide day-to-day technical support to schools and teaching staff within Torfaen and Monmouthshire. |
You will be responsible for the provision of on-site installation of hardware and software, general maintenance of equipment and advice to learning establishments in line with the Service Level Agreements (SLA's) in place.
To use specialist skills and training to support schools to enhance ICT environment for teaching and learning. You will also be required to undergo strict security and background checks before the commencement of this role
Based within the school setting, you will provide the following:
* Installation of hardware and software
* Repairs (or return to base if necessary)
* Management of desktops and general security issues
* Rollout of new technologies within the School
* Day-to-day proactive ICT support to ICT
While based at the school setting, you will log your time appropriately and accurately and will work in accordance to best practice as well as comply with school procedures, processes and systems
* You may be required, periodically, to work across other Secondary and Primary schools that are serviced by our client.
* You will maintain an inventory of repairs and keeping schools informed of progress.
* You will produce support materials for schools where required.
* You will maintaining a school inventory / audit of hardware to be updated annually.
* You will demonstrate and assist in the safe and effective use of specialist equipment and software.
* You will establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals to support the objectives of the ICT service to teachers and learners.
* You will maintain an awareness of developing ICT trends, particularly within an educational setting, to enhance the teaching and learning environment.
* You will provide advice, guidance and support to colleagues.
* You will provide proactive support and solutions to innovative ways of using ICT in education including research and development.
* Minimum 2 years experience working within ICT environment.
* Driving licence essential with business insurance.
* Good organisational skills and the ability to work with other team members.
* Knowledge relevant to ICT systems and processes utilised within the Shared Resource Service
* Relevant knowledge of ICT processes and procedures.
* Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
* Able to develop good working relationships and communication with staff at all levels within the schools e.g. Head Teachers, Teachers and Governors.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.