Requisition ID: |
Project: Uranium Processing Facility (UPF)
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Badging: Must be able to obtain badging
Other Requirements: Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment, education and travel.
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel's government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy's largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration's largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provided enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
The UPF project works on a 9-80 schedule with every other Friday off. Start times are flexible but the standard work week is: Monday - Thursday from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm. The schedule on working Fridays is: 7:00am-3:30 pm.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable.
Performs duties in purchasing, including bidder prequalification, bidder lists, bid solicitation, bid analysis, negotiation and commitment of purchase orders. Performs administration of purchase orders following commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications, or supplementary commercial conditions. Develops and monitors purchasing master pro-forma documents for both domestic and international projects. Participates in the planning, work hour calculations and budgeting as it relates to project purchasing activities.
- Develops and prepares pro-forma forms, including legal and commercial terms and conditions to be included in purchase documents on project commitments. Reviews prime contract terminology and transfers applicable legal and commercial terms into the pro-forma documents.
- Reviews and develops other commercial and technical data prepared by Engineering, Construction, Finance, Traffic & Logistics, Insurance, Tax and other procurement functional groups and inputs suitable terminology into pro-forma documents.
- Participates in the development of project purchasing procedures.
- Prepares, maintains and monitors project bidders lists, ensuring input is received from all procurement functions and other operational groups.
- Participates in the planning, work hour calculations, budgeting and other related activities in projecting purchasing staffing requirements for projects.
- Forms, issues, and administers purchase orders. Communicates with suppliers to achieve required service and meet project needs. Communicates with Engineering to assist and/or guide them in the preparation of material NA and organizes assigned Procurement sponsored meetings.
- Directs negotiations in the commitment of purchases, following review and approval of the proposed negotiating plan by the designated supervisor.
- Provides training and guidance to other purchasing personnel regarding all aspects of formation and administration of purchasing forms, procedures, and buying goods.
- Assists project Procurement team when instructed in solving and attending to administrative problems on commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications or supplemental commercial conditions. Monitors billing for compliance.
Principle responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reports to and receives operational direction from the Purchasing Supervisor.
- At jobsite locations, reports to and receives operational direction from the Acquisition Services Manager.
- May provide supervision, training and guidance to other purchasing personnel as required.
- Maintains working relationships with project Procurement personnel and project discipline personnel in order to perform assigned duties.
- Maintains working relationships with those bidders and suppliers involved with the performance of assigned tasks.
- Maintains contacts with global business unit personnel, including functional supervisors, to maintain an awareness of the performance and operating problems of contractors on other Bechtel jobs, and to coordinate the development of problem resolutions, of claims settlements, and other contractual matters.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related subject and 6 years of progressive related experience including but not limited to, Procurement, preferably in an engineering, procurement and construction environment.
- In lieu of degree, 12 years of progressive related experience including but not limited to, Procurement, preferably in an engineering, procurement and construction environment.
- Candidate must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check, including verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and experience in implementing FAR and applicable Agency Supplements as required by the prime contract.
- Skilled in working with and communicating effectively both orally and in writing with other project functional groups, suppliers and government officials.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the formation and administration of purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Basic understanding of Government Contracts and flow down of applicable clauses and requirements.
- Experience in preparation and filing of Individual Subcontracting Reports and Summary Subcontract Reports and associated Year End Supplementary Report for Small Disadvantage Business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of Cost Accounting Standards, and determination process for applicability to the work.
- Prior experience working in the government environment.
- Experience with performance management tools such as balanced scorecard.
- Experience writing policy and procedural documents.
- Experience in a Procurement environment.
- Experience in the formation, bid, evaluation award and administration of major equipment purchases and subcontracts ranging from $5M to $50M in value.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.