Requisition ID: |
- Performs duties under moderate supervision. Is responsible as the lead for all recruiting departmental scope and responsibilities for the project.
- Reports directly to the Industrial Relations Manager for the Project.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Industrial Relations (IR) including ability to function as the Industrial Relations Representative on a smaller-sized construction or maintenance project.
- Prior experience in handling daily recruiting activities to meet Project labor demand, and exposure to local community relations activities.
- Participate in delivery of craft new hire orientation.
- Monitors existing IR programs to ensure desired objectives and /or results are being achieved.
- Provides advice and counsel to site management on IR policies. This background will help support management in these areas.
- Responsible for recruiting, screening and in processing of craft employees
- Proficient in the requisition tracking program, employee data program CHRIS, and Info Works Data Management System.
- Develops and presents actionable recruiting reports to be presented to project supervision daily, weekly, and monthly.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Screen craft applicants to insure they meet the minimum established requirements for the applicable position applied for and extend offers of employment to candidates for continued processing and selection for available positions.
- Conducts training classes and craft orientation.
- Processes craft requests or actions in conformance to BCS's hiring policy.
- Collects information or data for the development of an Industrial Relations Program, policy or procedure from local government agencies, employer associations, trade publications, area competitors & private agencies to determine what crafts are available in the area and their basic skills levels.
- Collects, assembles and analyses data or information for Industrial Relations reports and compares craft availability in the area to the company requirements.
- Processes employee data in the BCS Requisition Tracking program (CARS) and Craft Human Resources Information System (CHRIS) throughout the recruiting and hiring process, and updates as needed.
- Has oversight responsibility for the recruiting process.
- Provides advice on industrial relations issues to site management as requested.
- Monitors existing industrial relations programs to ensure desired objectives and/or results are being achieved.
- 10 years of directly related experience on a construction project or home office administrative function of recruiting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and the general public
- Intermediate to advanced skill using the Microsoft Office suite of software, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Prior Bechtel or Becon experience preferred
- Bi-Lingual Preferred
- Right to work and remain in the United States
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.