|Job Ref:||28731BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Overland Park||Address:||Post Date:||05/10/2016 01:02|
Key member of the senior management team responsible for creating the strategy to develop and aggressively grow the Start-Up & Commissioning Group of Black & Veatch. Utilizing experience in the government contracting and construction market, assist in developing construction and field capabilities, work processes and instructions, skilled resources, and project execution plans to win and execute the start-up and commissioning parts of projects. Responsible for directing all project commissioning and startup activities across all division lines in accordance with the Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule and within the established startup budget as indicated in the startup guidelines. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide expertise and oversight on all construction projects for start-up and commissioning.
• Accountable for construction performance, work processes and practices covering field and construction operations, and budget and cost management schedule and schedule management, reporting, training and mentor integration, career development and other aspects of administration for construction and field operations.
• Authority to allocate and manage resources and support and, when required, direct field and jobsite operations consistent with laws, regulations, and company and division policies, standards, contract agreements and project specific circumstances.
• Responsible for project field and jobsite start-up and commissioning operations
• Oversees Startup and Commissioning worldwide for all sectors and is process owner for all policies and procedures associated to department. Prioritizes activities of startup staff worldwide.
• Monitors and reviews all sectors startup and commissioning programs and makes necessary revisions to program as required.
• Develops and maintains a detailed startup schedule and detailed set of startup packages to track startup completion and progress.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable for duties and accountabilities.
Supervises work of others and/or mentors. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction or equivalent relevant experience required.
20 years of construction experience including 8 years of experience in start-up and commissioning.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Black & Veatch Experience preferred
Leadership and the ability to interact with other leaders, government ministers, heads of industry and special interest groups, and teaming partners.
Ability to work with an aggressive, dynamic company; one who holds teamwork and a strong work ethic in high regard.
Able of working with a variety of people in changing environments where adaptability is a critical element; someone with a broad perspective.
Able to affect change; able to make decisions in a timely manner using the best available facts.
A person with a bias for action and the fortitude to challenge the status quo with a results-oriented sense of urgency, and the ability to multi-task.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females