Purpose of Role
The Facilities Manager (FM) will take ownership of the operational management and delivery of all facilities management services delivered within his/her regions. This includes the management of customer interface within a designated area of an estate; ensuring a high profile in the day-to-day running of the sites, and provision of a consistent strong link with customers, guaranteeing appropriate and responsive reaction to address any and all client concerns.
This is an active and visible role requiring excellent customer relationship and supplier management skills. Working as part of a team within the business, the FM will be expected to positively contribute to the performance of the business by engendering a culture of customer care. The postholder may be asked to deputise for a Senior Facilities Manager / Operations Director as required.
- To manage the customer interface within an assigned region or location(s); ensuring a high profile in the day-to-day running of the sites, and provision of a consistently strong link with customers, guaranteeing appropriate and responsive reaction to address any and all client concerns.
- To manage excellent relationships with our client, our suppliers and other partners within a region.
- To ensure that the operational aspects of his/her region are delivered in accordance with the SLA by an agreed programme of qualitative checks and controlled measures and to rectify identified deviation where appropriate.
- To develop maximum profitable growth of the business through understanding client needs, maximizing the services delivered and championing excellent customer care.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory, IMS, security and relevant company and client policies generating a true health and safety culture.
- To lead, recruit, develop and retain staff to deliver services in the most efficient and effective manner.
- To ensure that a Continuous Improvement Process is an integral part of service delivery increasingly adding value to both the business and our client.
- As a member of the Facilities Management Team, to be an ambassador and leader of the business.
- To organise and facilitate regular Customer Forums and meetings with other key stakeholders as appropriate.
- To interact with all internal teams to discharge the consistent, effective and efficient delivery of planned and reactive tasks and in doing so, support best practice.
- To support customer and company audits ensuring optimum results are achieved.
- Assist in the establishment of systems of monitoring and control, designed to ensure appropriate control over all critical service points, to maximise customer satisfaction, minimise customer complaints and other adverse feedback.
- To ensure that records are held and updated as required.
- To manage the people resources effectively and efficiently to deliver the required services.
- Analysis of budgetary information to assist in annual budgetary and monthly forecasting processes.
- Authorise payroll issues concerning staff within the portfolio of buildings under post holder's responsibility (i.e. overtime, absence etc).
- To set objectives for direct reports and review bi monthly. Ensure same approach and mechanisms for all staff within area of responsibility
- To ensure all new starters receive induction training in line with Company policies and procedures.
- To ensure Objectives, Performance Reviews and Job Chats are completed as per standing company policy.
Additional Role Information
This is a fixed term role for 6 months to support the implementation of a new FM contract. The role holder will be required to be flexible, provide solutions to problems and will be experienced in FM delivery.