Your new company |
This internationally renowned organisation are looking for a dynamic Chartered Building Surveyor to join their team in Bristol on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Whilst primarily focused on contract administration and project delivery, the role is wide ranging with a significant variation of workload within a busy team environment, including:-
- Contract administration for repair, refurbishment and redevelopment projects
- Project monitoring and project management
- Preparing specifications and schedules of work.
- Dilapidations on behalf of landlords and tenants
- Building reinstatement cost assessments
- Schedules of condition
- Planned Maintenance reports
- Pre-acquisition and due diligence surveys
- Defect diagnosis and reporting
What you'll need to succeed
- Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS). Ideally 1 to 5 years PQE. Level to be based on experience.
- Enthusiastic and keen to develop their career with good opportunities for progression, specifically as specialist project surveyor.
- Sound technical knowledge, built up through working within a commercial focused practice
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well organised and the ability to work independently within a wider team.
- Strong experience in managing building contracts and management of contractors across a variety of commercial projects.
- Good building contracts knowledge
- Possess a relevant Building Surveying degree (2:1 class minimum or equivalent) and can demonstrate abilities through pre and post qualification experience
- Confidently and professionally converse with clients
- Can assertively express a personal view on a situation to clients, consultants, contractors and stakeholders
- Communicate concisely, both orally and in writing
- Presents a professional image when dealing with clients
- Demonstrates ambition and commitment to self development
- Demonstrates good attention to detail by regularly producing carefully prepared, accurate work
- Uses thorough and effective data gathering techniques in all aspects of their work
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates co-operation and willingness to work with others
- Demonstrates good, confident social behavioural skills.
- Able to work within a team environment
What you'll get in return
Working for a renowned and respected organisation in a great location, this is a fantastic opportunity for a chartered surveyor to take the next step in their career.
You will also receive a competitive annual salary and generous benefits package including bonuses, healthcare and at least 25 days holiday.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.