|Job Ref:||204727617||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:44|
Demob Job Reference: J2677|
Job Title: Field Service Engineer (Electrical)
Location: M4 Corridor - Bristol/Swindon/Reading
Salary: £Competitive + Overtime
Start Date: Immediate
My client is a leading provider of installation and maintenance services within the printing industry. They provide turnkey solutions to their prestigious blue chip client base across the UK and Europe. They are now recruiting for a Field Service Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will come from an electrical engineering background with some refrigeration knowledge and will live close to the M4 corridor; Bristol, Swindon, Reading or surrounding areas. Based from home and reporting to the Service Supervisor the successful candidate will carry out installation, maintenance and repairs to a range of products, including circulation systems. Please note due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate must be prepared to travel extensively nationwide as well as stay away from home overnight regularly, therefore candidates wishing to be considered must be flexible in their approach to work.
Although not essential, candidates coming from an (ex military) background i.e. Army (REME/Royal Engineer), Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force/RAF (Ground Support) career are encouraged to apply, especially those with an electrical engineering background and refrigeration knowledge.
- Install, commission and service products supplied by the company and other products at the request of the customer.
- Fault find and repair down to component level using a range of testing equipment including meggers and flukes etc.
- Install new components to ensure that machinery is working as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Provide accurate service documentation for site visits, maintain and manage van stock levels.
- Provide accurate and well-presented documentation in support of expenses incurred whilst working away from home.
- Maintain regular contact with the Technical Support desk, aiming to ensure that proper and effective planning of engineer activities can be achieved as well as support and provide technical advice to other service engineers when required.
- Identify and alert the Service and Sales team to any further support and revenue opportunities whilst on customer site.
- Maintain a flexible approach to working and travelling as well as prepared to work away from home and stay out overnight at short notice.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Provide a high level of service and support to customers.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- The successful candidate will come from an electrical engineering background.
- Hold a NVQ/ONC/HNC in Electrical Engineering.
- Have some knowledge of refrigeration.
- Proven multi-skilled background with electrical and mechanical skills are essential for this role.
- Ability to fault find and read electrical wiring diagrams.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Sound communicator.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- IT Literate.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Prepared to travel nationwide and overseas.
- Ability to update software on PLC's.
- Strong field service and support background.
- Hold a refrigeration qualification (F-Gas/2079).
- Salary £Competitive.
- Overtime payable.
- Company van, mobile phone, laptop, specialist tools and uniform provided.
- 24 days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- Challenging and varied working environment