|Job Ref:||204728175||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£35000/annum £1,700 call out, 5% bns, OT||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:44|
Leading manufacturing company who has invested heavily in South Wales over the last ten years. They are one of the world leaders in their field and are a very stable employer. Currently looking to recruit a dynamic Mechanical Engineer who will have responsibility for a key area of the production process. |
Salary: up to £35,000 + call out c£1,700 + paid OT
The Role: Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
The mechanical engineer is responsible for planning, directing and monitoring preventive and corrective mechanical maintenance and repair activities so that the business unit's buildings, facilities, machinery and equipment operate safely and reliably.
Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Engineer responsibilities
* Plan, prioritise, schedule, and manage mechanical activities (for example planned maintenance programmes, shut-downs, or emergency repairs) to rectify break-downs and malfunctions and minimise business disruptions.
* Develop and implement mechanical repair and maintenance procedures; monitor the cost and effectiveness of activities to optimise resources, prioritise spending, and achieve timeliness, reliability, and safety standards.
* Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop mechanical technicians so that repair and service activities are completed accurately, safely, on-time and within budget.
* Ensure that all activities are fully compliant with current health, safety and environmental legislation.
* Manage the attendance and timekeeping system for mechanical team and ensure that company procedures are adhered to at all times. Maintain accurate and appropriate personnel records including assessment matrices.
* Evaluate, select, and manage relationships with external contractors to minimise costs and ensure the organisation receives satisfactory standards of service.
* Contribute to planning and decision-making within the business team so that the engineering strategy and performance is aligned with other business strategies.
The Candidate: Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
* Must be an experienced mechanical engineer with experience gained in the manufacturing sector.
* Degree level is preferred.
* Supervisory or management skills are preferred.
* Must have a good knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and gearboxes.
* Planning experience would be an advantage.
* Ideally have experience of working with cranes